Can anyone do a short voice over?

Ambient sounds, game effects and music creation.

Can anyone do a short voice over?

Postby cypher543 on Mon Jan 11, 2010 1:06 am

I have a short voice over that occurs at the very beginning of my mini-mod, and I was hoping someone could help me out.

I need a female voice (preferably not faked by a male) with an American, British, or German accent. The character is a psychiatrist, so the voice over should sound very formal and meticulous, as though she is dictating something for an audio log. The script is as follows:

Female Psychiatrist: (in a very formal tone) Patient number five six four, Dominic Crowley, admitted May fourteenth, nineteen-ninety-four with an extreme case of paranoid schizophrenia. Subject has been placed under suicide watch in room number forty-seven, pending further psychiatric evaluation by me and my team.

I'd appreciate it if the recording was as high quality as possible, as I don't have much experience with background noise removal, etc. Also, sounds effects will be added later (static, etc) so please don't include any in the recording.

You will be given credit, of course. :)

Thanks!

EDIT: Oops. I know you all love to have media for these things, so here goes...

That's the original opening sequence that I made a little over a year ago. I lost the map for that, though, so I'm remaking it with more detail. The voice over will occur right before the point at which the video begins while a camera is panning down the hallway to the room where the player starts. Unfortunately, I'm not far enough along on the remake to post screenshots of anything interesting. But hopefully you can get a basic idea from the video.
cypher543
1337 p0st3r
1337 p0st3r

Re: Can anyone do a short voice over?

Postby ErikKiller on Mon Jan 11, 2010 7:35 pm

How about a male Russian/Estonian accent? :P
First rodeo? Use the Source SDK Documentation for reference!
ErikKiller
May Contain Skills
May Contain Skills

Postby Major Banter on Mon Jan 11, 2010 8:21 pm

NO FUCKING PROBLEM!

Depends on timescale, either my girlfriend or good female friend who's doing some other voiceover work for me would be more than happy to help. PM details.
ImageImageImage
Major Banter
Veteran
Veteran

Postby cypher543 on Mon Jan 11, 2010 8:57 pm

ErikKiller wrote:How about a male Russian/Estonian accent? :P

Well, there's another character in the second part named Karl that I'll be needing voice over work for in the future. I was hoping the psychiatrist could be female, because the mod as it stands right now is a bit of a sausage fest (main character is male, Karl is male, rebel is male, etc). If you're interested in playing the part of either the rebel or Karl, let me know so I can contact you when I get to that point. :)

Major Banter wrote:NO FUCKING PROBLEM!

Depends on timescale, either my girlfriend or good female friend who's doing some other voiceover work for me would be more than happy to help. PM details.

Awesome! :D
cypher543
1337 p0st3r
1337 p0st3r

Return to Audio