Modifying *.DMX Files (or at least exporting them)

Got problems with your models? Struggling with textures? Get help with your custom assets.

Modifying *.DMX Files (or at least exporting them)

Postby macgta on Wed Jun 16, 2010 12:26 am

Basically i was wondering if anyone knows how to use/knows when we have official support for the *.DMX format that the TF2/Newer Source engine models consist of. The reason i am asking is because i am currently working on a weapon replacement which sorta requires the hand locations to be moved a bit. I've always found it a bit confusing how valve have shipped the full source for the TF2 player models yet haven't really mentioned anything about those files. Thanks for any advice.
macgta

Re: Modifying *.DMX Files (or at least exporting them)

Postby Dr. Delta on Wed Jun 16, 2010 12:36 am

macgta wrote:Basically i was wondering if anyone knows how to use/knows when we have official support for the *.DMX format that the TF2/Newer Source engine models consist of. The reason i am asking is because i am currently working on a weapon replacement which sorta requires the hand locations to be moved a bit. I've always found it a bit confusing how valve have shipped the full source for the TF2 player models yet haven't really mentioned anything about those files. Thanks for any advice.

What's wrong with using the 'old' format?
Dr. Delta
Veteran
Veteran

Re: Modifying *.DMX Files (or at least exporting them)

Postby macgta on Wed Jun 16, 2010 12:55 am

well the source TF2 player models use DMX files. I've tried doing the anim then listing it as an SMD but the exporter stops at that point.
macgta

Return to Custom Asset Help