A Couple of Beginner's Questions - 3DS Max (2010)

Got problems with your models? Struggling with textures? Get help with your custom assets.

A Couple of Beginner's Questions - 3DS Max (2010)

Postby RefaelBA on Fri Oct 08, 2010 10:27 am

Hey! :smt039 I picked up 3DS Max recently and I'm still struggling with the tools (I'd appreciate a nice tutorial about modifying!).

Okay so here's the easier one -
why won't the Particle View open when I press "6"? Nothing happens :(

Here's the important one -
I was following this tutorial here: http://library.creativecow.net/articles ... _3dmax.php
I only meant to create clouds at first, skipping the camera movement, but I ran into trouble at step 1.5. This guy has 3D cube with his map appearing in the editor, I only get a 2D map. And I can't see any of the options he has, in my editor. Perhaps it's an older version of Max?

I'd appreciate the help.
Thanks guys
RefaelBA

Re: A Couple of Beginner's Questions - 3DS Max (2010)

Postby StefanC19 on Sun Oct 10, 2010 10:39 pm

Hey,

I am using 3D Studio Max 2010 x64 when I press 6 it also wont open, However you can still go to Graph Editors in the top menu and then click on Particle View in that menu. and the 3D cube is just a setting of how you can view the material, it isn't really important But if you want it so badly then in the material editor on the right side u have a few buttons,
the top one should be a circle (sphere) when u click on that u get a small menu with a sphere,cylinder and a box, just select the box and u get the same thing he has. And yes he is using a old version of 3ds max since this tutorials is about 4 years old if I am not mistaking. And as for the options .. I never done that tutorial but are u sure u selected the mask map like he did ? if not in the blinn basic parameters click on the little grey box at the right of diffuse and select mask from there.
StefanC19
Regular
Regular

Re: A Couple of Beginner's Questions - 3DS Max (2010)

Postby RefaelBA on Sun Oct 10, 2010 10:50 pm

Thanks, I'll try it and get back to you. :)
RefaelBA

Return to Custom Asset Help