Hammer freeze when trying to spawn custom model

Got problems with your models? Struggling with textures? Get help with your custom assets.

Hammer freeze when trying to spawn custom model

Postby DragonNOR on Tue Feb 08, 2011 8:57 pm

I'm at the first step of the beginner stage of modelling and I've run into a problem when attempting to spawn a model in Hammer that I made with XSI. The model seems to be working fine, I managed to compile it, I can see it in the modelviewer with the textures I made on and it turns up in the model browser when I try to spawn it in Hammer.
The problem I ran into was that when I bring up the world model browser, the window takes count of the total number of models available and promptly freezes.
This does not happen if I have a different folder selected when I open the browser, but if I reselect the one with the custom model, it freezes, and closing it down and opening it repeatedly only opens up a completely white page, so I think thats where the problem lies. Restarting Hammer fixes the issue until I try spawning it again.

I have made so far only one model, its just a single sphere so I can't see why it would a problem with the actual model.

The model was compiled for Source 2009 Ep2 and thats the configuration I'm running in Hammer.

Any suggestions as to what is causing this would be greatly appreciated :)
DragonNOR
Dumpling
Dumpling

Re: Hammer freeze when trying to spawn custom model

Postby MayheM on Wed Feb 09, 2011 5:23 pm

I would say when you open the model browser, actually scroll down to the folder your models are in. The reason it indexes all the models is because when it opens it is set in the root of the models folder so it scans all the models. If you only select your folder, it will only scan your folder. That's the best i can do off the top of my head...
MayheM
Veteran
Veteran

Re: Hammer freeze when trying to spawn custom model

Postby DragonNOR on Wed Feb 09, 2011 10:31 pm

I figured out what was wrong after asking around a bit :)
There was an error of sorts in the Qc file, not sure exactly what, but after having the Qc modified correctly it worked like a charm :)

Big thanks to Ashkandi who helped me out ^^
DragonNOR
Dumpling
Dumpling

Return to Custom Asset Help