Viewmodel Issue

Got problems with your models? Struggling with textures? Get help with your custom assets.

Viewmodel Issue

Postby Wrangler249 on Sun Aug 07, 2011 6:04 pm

Hi all, I'm having a bit of trouble getting my crowbar replacement working. I've created and attached the new mesh, and as far as I know it compiles without error. It's only when I tried and see the model in modelviewer that I noticed the model changes position when I switch between the animation sequences. What I mean by this is where the viewmodel would normally be in the correct position relative to the player's eyes, in my recompiled version it would be at, if not below the player's feet. I haven't changed the position of the model in the crowbar_reference.smd, so I'm pretty stumped as to why it's not working.
Wrangler249

Re: Viewmodel Issue

Postby Jangalomph on Sun Aug 07, 2011 9:27 pm

Any photos? I can't help you. But they may help some one else help you.
http://www.nomoreroominhell.com
I don’t know whether I was right or wrong, I guess I’ll never know… But I made it. And I guess I should be thankful for that. - Strelok
Has anyone really been far even as decided to use even go want to do look more like?
Jangalomph
Forum Goer Elite™
Forum Goer Elite™

Re: Viewmodel Issue

Postby Wrangler249 on Sun Aug 07, 2011 11:03 pm

I've spent the last couple of hours working on this and have it figured out. To start with, I used the proper reference smds from sourcesdk_content folder instead of what I got from the Cannonfodder decompiler. This fixed the position problem, but the model would be really messed up ingame (vertices spiking off in random directions and the animations not working right). After a poke around in 3ds max I realised the Skin modifier was getting its derp on whenever I selected the editable mesh to delete the crowbar. A quick Google search got me to this tutorial which told me how I could redo the Skin modifier and now it all works fine.
Wrangler249

Return to Custom Asset Help