Half-Life 2 suit zoom - Material file directory(/ies)?

Got problems with your models? Struggling with textures? Get help with your custom assets.

Half-Life 2 suit zoom - Material file directory(/ies)?

Postby Ver on Tue Nov 15, 2011 3:20 am

Hey everyone!
I'm looking for the exact file directory(/ies) to the .vmt file(s) (if any) which Half-Life 2's suit zoom references to for it's reticule overlay, does anyone know where I might find them? So far I've been able to hide the vignette of Half-Life 2's zoom by editing "zoom.vmt" in materials/vgui by making it reference to a transparent .vtf file I created.
This is a step in the right direction, but is not the desired result, as the end goal is to have the reticule invisible while the vignette is preserved.

To those who don't know where these files might be found, would anyone of you know how I might potentially backtrace through the engine or otherwise to find them? So far my only methods of search have been to open some of Source's shared material caches and search through there.

If anyone is unclear exactly as to what I am asking, or I have left out an important detail, don't be afraid to speak up!
Thanks for reading!
Ver
Dumpling
Dumpling

Re: Half-Life 2 suit zoom - Material file directory(/ies)?

Postby Armageddon on Tue Nov 15, 2011 5:40 am

That would be in the HL2.ttf file, it's a font, and maybe some vector thing in the code for the circles. You'd have to code it all out except the vignette pretty much. :?
Armageddon
Forum Goer Elite™
Forum Goer Elite™

Re: Half-Life 2 suit zoom - Material file directory(/ies)?

Postby Ver on Tue Nov 15, 2011 7:35 pm

I shoud have guessed that, Valve'd know better than to use various aspect-ratios for a reticule that common.
Ver
Dumpling
Dumpling

Return to Custom Asset Help