When an NPC has more weapon...

Got problems with your models? Struggling with textures? Get help with your custom assets.

When an NPC has more weapon...

Postby Andriska_hun on Tue Dec 13, 2011 6:47 am

Hey,

I found a very interesting problem. I want to finish the works on Hans Grosse modeling & animating, but I have no idea how can I fix that Grosse has 2 chainguns! If you don't know who is Hans Grosse, here you can watch him

Do I need to make an other version of chaingun with a Left-hand joint and attach it to the model? Will the weapon work? It's very important to fix this problem, because in generally, many Boss have 2 (or 4) weapons, and the Bosses using their weapons paralell.
Andriska_hun

Re: When an NPC has more weapon...

Postby Corewarp on Tue Dec 13, 2011 6:23 pm

I suppose you could take a look at weapon_elite (from Counterstrike:Source)
And I'm not sure if this will help, but take a lookse here aswell.
https://developer.valvesoftware.com/wik ... S_Style%29
Corewarp
Been Here A While
Been Here A While

Re: When an NPC has more weapon...

Postby Andriska_hun on Wed Dec 14, 2011 7:59 am

Thank you, it's look interesting, I'll check it. I didn't find any information about how will be the new weapon on the other hand of Hans, but I hope I'll find some information about it.

Other question: How can I attach a Chaingun to the other hand by a simple qc-programming? I used this command, but it wasn't a working result:

$attachment "weapon_chaingun" "L_Arm3" 0 0 0 rotate 0 0 0
"weapon_chaingun" is my new weapon. It's working, I putted it to hands of an other npc. The "L_Arm3" is the name of the joint of the left arm. In Model Viewer I can see only the 3 axis in the correct place but in the game there isn't any weapon model. Do I need to use another name? Or do I need to use the modelname (w_chaingun.mdl) against the weapon_chaingun?
Andriska_hun

Return to Custom Asset Help