Down/Upsize player scale?

Got problems with your models? Struggling with textures? Get help with your custom assets.

Down/Upsize player scale?

Postby Dementei on Thu Jan 19, 2012 11:54 am

One simple question with a maybe not so easy answer:
Is there in any way I can scale a player up or down?

Don't need to know how hard it is, if anyone knows how to do it please guide me in the right direction thank you. :smt023
Dementei

Re: Down/Upsize player scale?

Postby source-maps on Thu Jan 19, 2012 2:25 pm

not sure, you can always make huge or tiny maps lol
source-maps
Forum Goer Elite™
Forum Goer Elite™

Postby Dementei on Fri Jan 20, 2012 9:26 am

Yea that is one solution but I am thinking of creating very large maps that would be even larger and optimized with having smaller players, know what I mean? Like actually scaling the player entity and all that it comes with, down.
Dementei

Postby cra0kalo on Fri Jan 20, 2012 9:57 pm

Dementei wrote:Yea that is one solution but I am thinking of creating very large maps that would be even larger and optimized with having smaller players, know what I mean? Like actually scaling the player entity and all that it comes with, down.

Scale the actual model?

You would have to decompile the model (.mdl) then open it up in a 3D editing program (3ds max,Maya,blender) then scale it down making sure your doing the same thing with all bones and mesh, THENNN export it and using the motiontransfer tool found in the bin directory of the SDK you would neeed to transfer all the player animations from the large skeleton to the small one that your character uses and then compile all these into the mdl model.

Hope that makes sence :P
Cra0kalo
CG Artist/3D Animator
http://cra0kalo.com

Lead of Operation Reaper
http://projectreaper.com

Lead of the "Dark Alley" Project
http://alleyproject.net
cra0kalo
Regular
Regular

Postby Dementei on Sat Jan 21, 2012 9:19 am

cra0kalo wrote:
Dementei wrote:Yea that is one solution but I am thinking of creating very large maps that would be even larger and optimized with having smaller players, know what I mean? Like actually scaling the player entity and all that it comes with, down.

Scale the actual model?

You would have to decompile the model (.mdl) then open it up in a 3D editing program (3ds max,Maya,blender) then scale it down making sure your doing the same thing with all bones and mesh, THENNN export it and using the motiontransfer tool found in the bin directory of the SDK you would neeed to transfer all the player animations from the large skeleton to the small one that your character uses and then compile all these into the mdl model.

Hope that makes sence :P

Yes it does thank you, is that all there is to do then? So then how would I use that for a mod?
Dementei

Return to Custom Asset Help