Model request challenge!

Got problems with your models? Struggling with textures? Get help with your custom assets.

Postby Jest@ on Sun Aug 14, 2005 4:58 pm

given the scale and nature of the aurora (i.e pretty far away from the human eye) I would use animated transparent textures on giant rectangular brushes in the 3d skybox. Dont think a model is worthwile - most of the work is in the textures.
Highlight to read:
It was earth all along
Jest@
Veteran
Veteran

Postby NOCTVRNVS on Sun Aug 14, 2005 9:17 pm

That would work too. I was just thinking that a model of a ribbon-like aurora would work very well. But animated textures are also a good answer. For now I'm just going with a 2D skybox I found on the internet, if anyone feels like making an alternative, however...
I am a big man, and I've got a big gun
NOCTVRNVS
Been Here A While
Been Here A While

Postby Nav on Mon Aug 15, 2005 11:20 am

I'm looking for someone who can model an evergreen tree (pine, fir, spruce, etc.). So far I haven't found any, but if any of you are willing to, that'd be awesome :-)
Nav
Been Here A While
Been Here A While

Postby Rick_D on Mon Aug 15, 2005 11:26 am

Spas12 wrote:Too much to read, shorten it up next time people have things to do. For the helicopter here: http://www.interlopers.net/forum/viewto ... 26&forum=4

Perhaps if you had passed elementary school you would know that 7 paragraphs is not a lot to read.
Rick_D
May Contain Skills
May Contain Skills

Postby NOCTVRNVS on Wed Aug 17, 2005 12:40 am

Nav wrote:I'm looking for someone who can model an evergreen tree (pine, fir, spruce, etc.). So far I haven't found any, but if any of you are willing to, that'd be awesome :-)

Actually I was looking for one too, and I found one! It has a whole bunch of good trees! I forget where I found it though, lmao. But it does exist! I promise!
I am a big man, and I've got a big gun
NOCTVRNVS
Been Here A While
Been Here A While

Postby Jest@ on Wed Aug 17, 2005 3:37 am

It's out there somewhere!you just have to find it! believe! belieeeeeeve!
Highlight to read:
It was earth all along
Jest@
Veteran
Veteran

Previous

Return to Custom Asset Help