Some models.

Got problems with your models? Struggling with textures? Get help with your custom assets.

Some models.

Postby Athlete{UK} on Wed Jul 20, 2005 9:36 pm

Here are just a few props for Bade of Blood i made.

The stools are 200 polies for the simple one 250 for the comlex one.

the light is 300 polies and ugly as sin IMO :P.

A few renders.

And an in game shot. The shot isn't great. The stools also have the clean skin on.

http://www.badgeofblood.com for the win. At least we can say we have pretty stools ;)
Athlete{UK}
Veteran
Veteran

Postby Spas12 on Wed Jul 20, 2005 9:58 pm

They look too blocky for source. Make it so the top of the seat cussion isnt pooitnign up. The second was is werd but they look good.
Past Treyarch Level Designer

Portfolio
Spas12
Veteran
Veteran

Postby Athlete{UK} on Wed Jul 20, 2005 10:01 pm

Spas12 wrote:They look too blocky for source. Make it so the top of the seat cussion isnt pooitnign up. The second was is werd but they look good.

This is actualy about how blocky things in source are. 250 to 300 polies is the limit for things this size. If you go in game and look at seats and stuff they are about as angular as this. The thing is you don't notice in game. becase theya re quite small and you are running around trying not to get killed ;)

However the light i hate and would deffinatly say it is too angular. I hate that thing and need to do a major rethink.

Also the cushions. i didn't think they were too angular but i dare say i could sort something out.

Thanks for the comment.
Athlete{UK}
Veteran
Veteran

Postby d2king10 on Thu Jul 21, 2005 12:43 am

im sure you could manage to take afew polys out of places and make it rounder.
d2king10

Postby wiggle987 on Thu Jul 21, 2005 12:46 am

c'mon, these are interior models, you can afford to add a few more polies onto them, if you're mappers are smart then areaportals will save the day.
wiggle987
Veteran
Veteran

Postby Athlete{UK} on Thu Jul 21, 2005 9:23 am

Well i really really don't see the need for more pollies on the stools....at all. They have about the same amount as similar size models in source.

The light i am going to completely redo however.
Athlete{UK}
Veteran
Veteran

Postby ZenMunky on Thu Jul 21, 2005 9:27 am

I think the stools are fine, we've got some in the mini-bar that look like that. Although it looks uncomfortable to sit on a cushion that pointy :?

Light is ok just needs one or two more polys on the shades...
ZenMunky
Pheropod
Pheropod

Location: Running From The Unicycling Giant Screaming Purple Bunnies of Doom...

Postby Athlete{UK} on Thu Jul 21, 2005 9:32 am

I'll push the pollie down a bit and increase the gradient on the seat that's no problem.

I just had a blaringly obvious though which i'm shamed not to have though of before. Why do i need a round wall fixture for the light?
Athlete{UK}
Veteran
Veteran

Postby Dead-Inside on Thu Jul 21, 2005 12:50 pm

The wall-mount on the spotlight/s need to SERIOUSLY be rounded.
Dead-Inside
Veteran
Veteran

Postby ZenMunky on Thu Jul 21, 2005 12:54 pm

Why do you need a fixture at all? :? That style of light (at least outside work here) seems to be attatched via a couple of wall plugs and a bit of hope...
ZenMunky
Pheropod
Pheropod

Location: Running From The Unicycling Giant Screaming Purple Bunnies of Doom...

Postby Athlete{UK} on Thu Jul 21, 2005 12:55 pm

ZenMunky wrote:Why do you need a fixture at all? :? That style of light (at least outside work here) seems to be attatched via a couple of wall plugs and a bit of hope...

heh well i think i have my answer. Gonna make a slightly more defined skin.
Athlete{UK}
Veteran
Veteran

Postby wiggle987 on Thu Jul 21, 2005 3:26 pm

Athlete{UK} wrote:Well i really really don't see the need for more pollies on the stools....at all. They have about the same amount as similar size models in source.

The light i am going to completely redo however.
Yarr I was mainly aiming at the light.
wiggle987
Veteran
Veteran

Postby Farles on Thu Jul 21, 2005 6:18 pm

You should check a bit more the polycounts on HL2 and CSS models. I saw very high poly models, but most of them use LODs and sometimes LOD1 is like at 15 units so its only HIGHPOLY when your VERY close.

For exemple Inferno's trees are 10,000 polies. Dont beleive me? go check yourself :)

Anyways GJ so far, just need a bit more polies. Use LODs if you really want. Rendering polygons isnt that bad, its the textures that really eat up the ressources.
Farles
Been Here A While
Been Here A While

Postby Athlete{UK} on Fri Jul 22, 2005 8:17 am

Farles wrote:You should check a bit more the polycounts on HL2 and CSS models. I saw very high poly models, but most of them use LODs and sometimes LOD1 is like at 15 units so its only HIGHPOLY when your VERY close.

For exemple Inferno's trees are 10,000 polies. Dont beleive me? go check yourself :)

Anyways GJ so far, just need a bit more polies. Use LODs if you really want. Rendering polygons isnt that bad, its the textures that really eat up the ressources.

I've not check inferno but 10,000? You have got to have made a mistake there mate. Anyway tese props are going to used excessively so much more pollies would destroy the system. Most of the HL2 props which are similar size are around 250 pollies. :P.

Thanks for the comments. IMO the stools are fine maybe change the seat a little bit and as i have stated the light is evi need a re think of that :P.
Athlete{UK}
Veteran
Veteran

Postby Farles on Fri Jul 22, 2005 2:37 pm

mistake? not sure go check the wireframe of this.

Farles
Been Here A While
Been Here A While

Next

Return to Custom Asset Help