Oh my!

Got problems with your models? Struggling with textures? Get help with your custom assets.

Postby Dead-Inside on Mon Aug 08, 2005 9:04 pm

Holy ****! Very sexy textures. I want to uuuuse them. Mhmm..
Dead-Inside
Veteran
Veteran

Postby Athlete{UK} on Mon Aug 08, 2005 9:20 pm

Ah i see it now.

greak work those textures are deffinatly pro standard.
Athlete{UK}
Veteran
Veteran

Postby st0lve on Mon Aug 08, 2005 10:47 pm

not even close to pro standar, maybe as a amature who knows abit of Photoshop and got a pretty ok digi cam and a huge reference library.. Most industry people knows how to paint them by hand, which I don't handle.

and I didn't want to "ruin" the textures with monter watermarks, so I just made some "soft" ones so that it would be easyer for me to spot if people who shouldn't use them does.
st0lve
Regular
Regular

Postby mike-o on Mon Aug 08, 2005 11:21 pm

hey king of eot
mike-o
Sir Post-a-lot
Sir Post-a-lot

Postby BaRRaKID on Tue Aug 09, 2005 8:49 am

no1 paints the textures 100% by hand. They are all photo based with the details painted over them, thats why so many people find the textures in hl2 familiar, probablly because valve used photos from the cities they live in.
I've no sign
BaRRaKID
Veteran
Veteran

Postby st0lve on Tue Aug 09, 2005 2:25 pm

BaRRaKID wrote:no1 paints the textures 100% by hand. They are all photo based with the details painted over them, thats why so many people find the textures in hl2 familiar, probablly because valve used photos from the cities they live in.
I've seen alot of textures that are 100% by hand. But they take alot of time, and doesn't always look that good.

Almost all of the people over at INS paint their textures partly by hand, with overlays and stuff.

There is a good reason why alot of texture artists use a tablet for their work :wink:
st0lve
Regular
Regular

Previous

Return to Custom Asset Help