Sequoia Tree model

Got problems with your models? Struggling with textures? Get help with your custom assets.

Sequoia Tree model

Postby Orion on Sat Aug 06, 2005 3:30 am

Hello everyone. I know modelling is a very long, complicated process and I understand how model requests may become a little annoying after a while but I'm currently working on a mod with about 75% of it's maps being outdoors and part of the world I'm mapping is a forest consisting of giant Sequoia trees. Now, I can't ask my mod team modeller for a model of one because... Well because we don't have one as of now. But If anyone would be able to create one for me or even set me up with a few modelling tutorials I'd really appreciate it.

Oh and one more question. I've been trying to get my 3ds Max trial to work but it's not working for some reason. I try to launch the program and it tells me I need a regristration code or something like that. Maybe I'm not using the trial client, I don't know but if anyone would be able to help me out on that one I'd also appreciate it. Thanks.
Orion
1337 p0st3r
1337 p0st3r

Postby slayera on Sat Aug 06, 2005 2:59 pm

A Sequoia tree should be easier than a regular tree, since the branches are higher up. Start with a good size cylinder with a few crosssections as to resize the higher up you go. Place a 2 or 3 branching cylinders for a limb, place sheets for needles, copy, paste, move and resize the branches as you go up. Create a alpha texture for the needles, do a google image search, might find something good. I would recommend milkshape, simple to use, should be easy to make a tree in there, exports directly to a .smd.

"When one person suffers from a delusion it is called insanity. When many people suffer from a delusion it is called religion." -Robert Pirsig
slayera
Veteran
Veteran

Return to Custom Asset Help