A question about ZBrush...

Got problems with your models? Struggling with textures? Get help with your custom assets.

A question about ZBrush...

Postby RaccoonKing on Mon Aug 15, 2005 4:28 pm

I googled this morning with not much luck, and I'm curious - can I use ZBrush to model entities/brushes for Source?

Thanks.
zombie@computer wrote:B -> C -> C+ -> C++ -> Java
:smt075
RaccoonKing
Been Here A While
Been Here A While

Postby zombie@computer on Mon Aug 15, 2005 4:37 pm

theres also a forum search :D

athlete{uk} wrote:z-brush is a sub-d modelling program. Bassicly you create very high polygon highly detailed models but subdeviding polygons and dissplacing them accordingly. It's an excelent program and you can do a lot in it. Dont try and use it to create game models though. it is designed to create models with poly counts in the millions.

You can use it when creating game models though because it has some very powerful normal mapping features.

You can make a model in XSI or what ever. export it into Zbrush and paint deformations and subdevision onto it and then create a normal map.

Z-brush is not the only modelling program of its kind. There are a wealth of sub-d modeling programs out there but zbrush is considered the industry standard.

I use Silo from http://www.nevercenter.com excellent program quite cheap and can handle a lot.

Oh and i've seen the fish thing befor Razz. The vid is sped up in parts but its still veyr impressive.

Downfall of subd modelling progs is they model and that's it. No advanced rendering technquies. no animation no rigging etc etc. You are best using a combination of progs. I use 3dsmax for all round work silo for sub-d modeling and brazil or mental ray to render (although technically they are within 3dsmax)
When you are up to your neck in shit, keep your head up high
zombie@computer
Forum Goer Elite™
Forum Goer Elite™

Postby RaccoonKing on Tue Aug 16, 2005 2:38 am

zombie@computer wrote:theres also a forum search :D

*commits seppuku out of shame*

Hai, sensei.

I suppose Maya would work, ne?
RaccoonKing
Been Here A While
Been Here A While

Postby Athlete{UK} on Tue Aug 16, 2005 9:08 am

Yes maya would work fine.

Please next time use the modelling forums for modelling :). Any other questions i'm always floating around.
Athlete{UK}
Veteran
Veteran

Postby RaccoonKing on Tue Aug 16, 2005 6:03 pm

*commits seppuku out of shame again*
RaccoonKing
Been Here A While
Been Here A While

Return to Custom Asset Help