Q. How to create a persistant detail.vbsp?

Got problems with your models? Struggling with textures? Get help with your custom assets.

Q. How to create a persistant detail.vbsp?

Postby JamesL on Mon Dec 05, 2005 2:40 pm

Hey people,

So I read the tutorial on creating a detail.vbsp here;

http://interlopers.net/forum/viewtopic.php?t=2255&highlight=vbsp

All good, simple enough to do, save out, and get working. However the detail.vbsp that exists in my mod directory (cstrike) covers all the different cs maps in one, i.e. its format doesn't seem to allow for individual custom entries.

So if I distribute my custom map and the detail.vbsp I made with it, then the next time Valve update CS with a new stock map that has a new entry in the detail.vbsp, then my custom map's detail settings are going to get overwritten and my custom materials broken.

Am I correct in this or is there a way to create a persistant detail.vbsp specific to my map?

In the same way there is a manifest that lists all the soundscapes for custom maps, is there a manifest that lists all the detail props for individual custom maps or is this all hardcoded?

Any help with this would be appreciated as there seems to be little or no info regarding this on teh web.
JamesL
1337 p0st3r
1337 p0st3r

Postby slayera on Tue Dec 06, 2005 1:07 am

It's included when compiling, nothing more to worry about. No this is nothing like soundscapes, it's more related to something like lights.rad.

"When one person suffers from a delusion it is called insanity. When many people suffer from a delusion it is called religion." -Robert Pirsig
slayera
Veteran
Veteran

Return to Custom Asset Help