Portal 2 compiling

Discuss the industry, development techniques and other general topics

Portal 2 compiling

Postby shadowmancer471 on Thu Mar 22, 2012 12:20 am

Sup 'lopers
So I was thinking of making a portal 2 map, but I'm having a few compiler issues

Firstly the ingame hammer compiler has flat out refused to work for the last 2 years, I've tried to fix it and I've given up on it (and Id prefer not to use it anyway)
I usually use VBCT for compiling, but this still doesn't support portal 2 maps

Does anyone know of another compiler I could use to compile a Portal 2 map?
I want to get off Mr.Bones Wild Ride
shadowmancer471
Regular
Regular

Re: Portal 2 compiling

Postby Swog on Fri Nov 09, 2012 3:59 am

Just drag the VMF onto compiler programs.
Swog
Regular
Regular

Postby Jangalomph on Fri Nov 09, 2012 5:46 am

You gotta stop bumping threads 30 years old.
http://www.nomoreroominhell.com
I don’t know whether I was right or wrong, I guess I’ll never know… But I made it. And I guess I should be thankful for that. - Strelok
Has anyone really been far even as decided to use even go want to do look more like?
Jangalomph
Forum Goer Elite™
Forum Goer Elite™

Postby Swog on Fri Nov 09, 2012 7:34 pm

What? I was helping this dude.

And this site hasn't been around for 30 years old.
Swog
Regular
Regular

Postby zombie@computer on Fri Nov 09, 2012 8:00 pm

Swog wrote:What? I was helping this dude.

You didnt seriously think he was waiting 6 months for an answer did you?
When you are up to your neck in shit, keep your head up high
zombie@computer
Forum Goer Elite™
Forum Goer Elite™

Postby nub on Fri Nov 09, 2012 8:10 pm

Swog wrote:What? I was helping this dude.

Elite-Forum-Goer Protip #1 - Check post dates before replying to a thread.

Elite-Forum-Goer Protip #2 - Learn to pick out blatant exaggeration and sarcasm in text.

Elite-Forum-Goer Protip #3 - Be mad chill

Anyway, it's cool that you were trying to help out. Really, it is. But a thread that hasn't had a post in 6 months is typically considered dead. Posting in a dead thread is called "necro-posting."

I'm not trying to bash you or anything. I just thought I'd throw all that out there in case you're new to forums or something. We've all necro-posted at least once in our Internet lives.
nub
Veteran
Veteran

Postby InterValve on Sat Nov 10, 2012 4:46 pm

If the question was NOT answered DO resurrect this kind of threads.

And now I address the others. How many times have you found a thread with a question that you badly want it answered, from let's say 5 years ago and the answer only came a few days ago by someone who "necro-posted"???

Has it occurred to you that they may be other 1001 people who want to know the same thing?

This is a stereotype you are spreading, held in place by a limited way of thinking. So how about you start letting the information flow freely?
InterValve
Regular
Regular

Postby Swog on Sat Nov 10, 2012 6:08 pm

InterValve wrote:If the question was NOT answered DO resurrect this kind of threads.

And now I address the others. How many times have you found a thread with a question that you badly want it answered, from let's say 5 years ago and the answer only came a few days ago by someone who "necro-posted"???

Has it occurred to you that they may be other 1001 people who want to know the same thing?

This is a stereotype you are spreading, held in place by a limited way of thinking. So how about you start letting the information flow freely?

Good point.
Swog
Regular
Regular

Postby nub on Sat Nov 10, 2012 9:08 pm

InterValve wrote:If the question was NOT answered DO resurrect this kind of threads.

If the person who made this thread really wanted his question answered, he would have bumped the thread himself. Also, anyone else that's a part of this community and came across a topic about an issue they're also having, that has yet to be answered, will more than likely post in it asking for help as well.

If that happens to be the case, I don't see the harm in bumping the thread (then again, I don't care either way). But he answered a question that was asked 6 months ago, which got virtually no attention. For all we know, our good friend Shadowmancer471 here found the solution himself after further searching or experimentation and just forgot about this thread.

I mean, like I said, I personally don't give a flying shit if he bumps a thread from three years ago. I was just giving him some tips in a slightly satirical manner is all. Please don't claim that I'm "spreading a stereotype" or that I'm "held in place by limited thinking." I don't know how to react to those kinds of accusations.
nub
Veteran
Veteran

Return to Game Development