Revelations 2012 - A Dark Artz Disaster

Discuss the industry, development techniques and other general topics

Re: Revelations 2012 - A Dark Artz Disaster

Postby nub on Fri May 04, 2012 3:32 am

source-maps wrote:with that attitude nub, we will have a lot of shitty games in no time
be glad that the community gave allot of negative feedback.. how else are they supposed to know they did something bad

it's not like they are in kindergarten and we should spare their feelings, they done something bad business wise.. and they're going to feel it.. period.

I didn't say we don't have the right to judge their game or anything. We just shouldn't jump to conclusions regarding the company.

PS: We already have plenty of shitty games out there.
nub
Veteran
Veteran

Postby Dr. Delta on Fri May 04, 2012 4:02 am

Let the cobbler stick to his last.
Dr. Delta
Veteran
Veteran

Postby Stormy on Fri May 04, 2012 5:45 am

So if I get a 100grand loan to finance the most promising 'lopers mod, then sign on three lopers plus me to work on it for a year, who would be in for the haul? 100G would get four people through a year on rice and coffee, right? I could even keep working my job week on week off and you could all stay in my unit, rent free. On my week off I'll model like a madman and we'd have it done in a year, right? Who's in?
Stormy
May Contain Skills
May Contain Skills

Postby Dr. Delta on Fri May 04, 2012 6:00 am

Black_Stormy wrote:So if I get a 100grand loan to finance the most promising 'lopers mod, then sign on three lopers plus me to work on it for a year, who would be in for the haul? 100G would get four people through a year on rice and coffee, right? I could even keep working my job week on week off and you could all stay in my unit, rent free. On my week off I'll model like a madman and we'd have it done in a year, right? Who's in?

How are you going to get a 100G loan?
Dr. Delta
Veteran
Veteran

Postby MáØ on Fri May 04, 2012 7:34 am

Black_Stormy wrote:So if I get a 100grand loan to finance the most promising 'lopers mod, then sign on three lopers plus me to work on it for a year, who would be in for the haul? 100G would get four people through a year on rice and coffee, right? I could even keep working my job week on week off and you could all stay in my unit, rent free. On my week off I'll model like a madman and we'd have it done in a year, right? Who's in?

Living with a bunch of smelly guys? No thanks :smt018
MáØ
Pheropod
Pheropod

Postby Dr. Delta on Fri May 04, 2012 7:36 am

MáØ wrote:

Living with a smelly girl? No thanks ;-)
Dr. Delta
Veteran
Veteran

Postby MáØ on Fri May 04, 2012 8:15 am

Dr. Delta wrote:
MáØ wrote:

>implying my body butter, perfume, and fabric softener smell bad
MáØ
Pheropod
Pheropod

Postby Saxon on Fri May 04, 2012 9:19 am

nub wrote:I didn't say we don't have the right to judge their game or anything. We just shouldn't jump to conclusions regarding the company.

I don't think people would have minded so much if the developers had some sense of modesty, saying risible things such as "we're going to make a AAA title in a year!" - things like that seemed very arrogant.

It was certainly very foolish to jump into an industry with no experience - imagine getting up one day and deciding to become a builder? I'm sure if someone threw plenty of money to you, you'd be able to build something but it would probably be a very expensive wendy-house full of holes that nobody really wants.

Being competent at practicing a trade takes time, it's better to build your skills and learn from mistakes before even considering a large undertaking of any kind.
Saxon
1337 p0st3r
1337 p0st3r

Postby Armageddon on Fri May 04, 2012 9:37 am

MáØ wrote:
Dr. Delta wrote:
MáØ wrote:

>implying my body butter, perfume, and fabric softener smell bad

Fabric softener is the worst. Also this isn't 4chan.
Armageddon
Forum Goer Elite™
Forum Goer Elite™

Postby Major Banter on Fri May 04, 2012 10:36 am

MáØ wrote:>implying my body butter, perfume, and fabric softener smell bad

They do if you're a walking cloud of it.

Black_Stormy wrote:-snip-

IN. All we need to sell is 10,000 units to break even with the license. THEN PROFIT.
ImageImageImage
Major Banter
Veteran
Veteran

Postby Dr. Delta on Fri May 04, 2012 11:07 am

LETS MAKE A HOLLYWOOD MOVIE WITHIN A YEAR WITH A SMALL BUDGET AND NO EXPERIENCE.

Pretty much that, but then with a game. No surprise.
Dr. Delta
Veteran
Veteran

Postby skoften on Fri May 04, 2012 5:25 pm

even if someone gave me 100k alone to work on something for a year in source i would still decline because its...source.
skoften
May Contain Skills
May Contain Skills

Postby Dr. Delta on Fri May 04, 2012 6:04 pm

skoften wrote:

even if someone gave me 100k alone to work on something for a year in source i would still decline because its...source.

:(
Dr. Delta
Veteran
Veteran

Postby srredfire on Fri May 04, 2012 8:30 pm

skoften wrote:even if someone gave me 100k alone to work on something for a year in source i would still decline because its...source.

So instead you work on Visage 24/7 for free amirite
srredfire
Veteran
Veteran

Postby Armageddon on Fri May 04, 2012 10:37 pm

srredfire wrote:
skoften wrote:even if someone gave me 100k alone to work on something for a year in source i would still decline because its...source.

So instead you work on Visage 24/7 for free amirite

And you wouldn't accept a job at VALVe?
Armageddon
Forum Goer Elite™
Forum Goer Elite™

PreviousNext

Return to Game Development