Daz Studio 4 Pro - Free

Modelling, Textures, Animating and other general engine asset topics.

Daz Studio 4 Pro - Free

Postby Zecrah on Sat Mar 17, 2012 1:52 am

I don't know how good it is, but my friend showed me this.

https://www.daz3d.com/i/shop/itemdetails/?item=13176

They're giving away the pro version of the software - usually $430 - free through March. It looks interesting, so I'ma try it out. It's a 'Digital 3D studio', whatever that is. I figured some people here may be interested?
Major Banter wrote:Zecrah, you've come from nowhere yet have rapidly become a Hammer God.

Wtf.

Check out my weapons tutorial
Zecrah
Design Section Moderator

Re: Daz Studio 4 Pro - Free

Postby BubbleQ on Sat Mar 17, 2012 10:17 am

I rember some years I go I tried it out. It was a free version aswell, looked really nice at a start. Then after some use it turned out to be locked down as hell. Many materials and stuff was not accessible. So if you did not pay it was useless. But I have no idea of how it has turned out now, maybe they have changed their strategy, cuse I rember there was some more guys who also thougt this scam was bullshit :)
---------------------------------
I am a happy mapper!
Archlinux
BubbleQ
1337 p0st3r
1337 p0st3r

Re: Daz Studio 4 Pro - Free

Postby Zecrah on Sat Mar 17, 2012 12:40 pm

They have some other software going free at the moment too. Hexagon, their modelling program, looks pretty nice and you can get free plugins to export for Autodesk too. I've had a quick play and it all seems pretty good. ^^
Major Banter wrote:Zecrah, you've come from nowhere yet have rapidly become a Hammer God.

Wtf.

Check out my weapons tutorial
Zecrah
Design Section Moderator

Return to Art Creation