Custom Fonts for Weapons / HUD

Modelling, Textures, Animating and other general engine asset topics.

Custom Fonts for Weapons / HUD

Postby ChromeAngel on Sat May 05, 2012 5:38 am

I created a custom TTF to display the pickup / selection of my custom weapons. However the glyphs don't all seem to be appearing in-game (one of them does).

I added the TTF to clientcheme.res and copied the weapon selection fonts from the font section, renamed them to custom and told them to use my custom TTF. I then changed the font name in my custom weapon_ scripts to use that font and the character for the glyphs I made.

One of my custom weapons appears on the right of the HUD when picked up, but not on the weapon selection menu.

Any ideas how to go about trouble shooting these features?

Do weapon glyphs need to have specific dimension or something?
Last edited by ChromeAngel on Sat May 05, 2012 8:55 am, edited 1 time in total.
ChromeAngel

Re: Custom Fonts for Weapons / HUD

Postby Black_Stormy on Sat May 05, 2012 7:05 am

Try to find the ones that are used in game and use them as a template. I would even go so far to say that you would have to match the compression settings, but I am pretty pedantic when it comes to matching source requirements, because sourtce is a temperamental bitch. I have never tried to do what you're doing though, that's just where I would start.
Black_Stormy
May Contain Skills
May Contain Skills

Re: Custom Fonts for Weapons / HUD

Postby ChromeAngel on Sat May 05, 2012 10:38 am

Fixed.

It wasn't a problem with the font at all. It was in the code. Turns out I forgot to declare the weapon as "predictable" on the client.
ChromeAngel

Return to Art Creation