Broken animations/weightmaps?

Modelling, Textures, Animating and other general engine asset topics.

Broken animations/weightmaps?

Postby FooFighter on Tue Oct 30, 2012 3:01 pm

Hey guys, I've somehow managed to stumble into a problem I just can't seem to be able to find a solution to. Whenever I'm loading any of my HL2 models into my SDK model viewer or spawn them ingame, they end up looking rather oddly. Check out this picture, for example:

At first, I thought I was merely trying to use a sequence the model wasn't meant to display or some-such - it's been a while since I last played HL2 and I can't quite recall if I ever saw a citizen NPC wielding a pistol like that. So I switched away from Pistol_idle_aim and took a look at the other sequences. A lot of them were comparably screwed up, so my next idea was that maybe the model file got corrupted somehow. I went on to check the metropolice and rebel models and it turns out they're also afflicted with numerous problems like the one above. I did a complete and clean reinstall of Steam and all of the Source games I have. Didn't change anything. I finally asked around to see if other people are experiencing this issue as well and it turns out that yes, they do.

So, does any of you know how to fix it? If not, think you could help me determine whether it's something with the model weightmaps or just the animations themselves? Any assistance would be appreciated.
FooFighter
Dumpling
Dumpling

Re: Broken animations/weightmaps?

Postby FooFighter on Thu Nov 01, 2012 11:25 pm

No idea at all? If not - perhaps you could upload a citizen model that's confirmed to be intact so I can compare it to my files?
FooFighter
Dumpling
Dumpling

Postby LordDz on Fri Nov 02, 2012 8:54 am

LordDz
May Contain Skills
May Contain Skills

Postby Gary on Fri Nov 02, 2012 4:15 pm

You can extract from GCFs in steam/steamapps. They have all of the original untouched content. For future reference.
Have a question related to modding or something I posted? Something that needs staff attention? I haven't been active lately, but feel free to PM me or message me on Steam(link below)

Gary
Interlopers Staff
Interlopers Staff

Return to Art Creation