Joey1's WIP Thread

Joey1's WIP Thread

Postby Joey1 on Sun Apr 27, 2014 11:23 pm

Hello everyone,
after couple years just looking around, getting inspired by your work and reading through tutorials, I finally decided to register and try my luck in this competition.

name : Unexpected Interference
Yet another story where Gordon is teleported to wrong place, thanks to Kleiner's headcrab friend.

Since back story of my entry will be kind of dull and predictable, I will try to create some interesting mix between exploration, puzzle and shooting. Although there probably won't be that much shooting.

Player as Gordon will be accompanying different rebels through his way across "Underground Railroad" of unknown City, as this is my first try with AI and scripted sequences, some results will be probably funny and not working, but in the end I will make it work right. Hopefully I will be able to create something with stock sound content, because I don't think I would be able to find some voice actors, and I definitely wouldn't be able to create animations for it. So we'll see how far I will get.

Progress:
So far I'm focusing on creating gameplay mechanics, and figuring out how to make some puzzles work exactly as I want them to.

Expect some screenshots soon, but now it's just a bunch of triggers and I/O, so not much to see.
Joey1
Just Joined
Just Joined

Return to WIP Entries