Dalannar's WIP Thread

Dalannar's WIP Thread

Postby Dalannar on Sat May 03, 2014 1:50 pm

Story:
The teleportation error at Kleiner's lab takes Gordon to a seemingly empty desert. But not just any desert. Turns out, Gordon is in New Mexico. You know what else is in New Mexico ? That's right, the Black Mesa research Facility is in New Mexico.

No, don't worry. While I plan to have Black Mesa in the map, it will be a small part of it. Rather, the biggest chunk of the map will be getting into Black Mesa. Near where Gordon turns up, is a small abandoned 'train-depot', which harbors an entrance to Black Mesa (Yeh, I'm probably not being very cannon here but it's cool.). The player will be tasked with exploring the area, finally finding a way to get into BM, and taking a portal back to Black Mesa East.

Ambient:
As I say above, most of the map is played outdoors, in an abandoned area, now covered in sand dunes, and filled with zombies. I'm trying to go for a very desolate feel, and as such there probably won't be much combat, at least before entering Black Mesa (I'm still debating whether or not to have combine ambush the player as they enter Black Mesa.). Most of it will be exploration and puzzle, with the occasional zombie or headcrab to keep it fresh.

Progress so far:
The most basic layout is done. I am now doing a small detail pass, along with the main scripting that needs to be implemented. I'm expecting to have it playable around mid May, and then on forward it will be a case of playtesting, and finishing up the detailing.

Screenshot:
Please keep in mind all of the screenshot are heavily WIP, and almost everything is placeholder. I'm posting them because I feel that posting a thread without screenshots is somewhat irrelevant.

Dalannar
Just Joined
Just Joined

Re: Dalannar's WIP Thread

Postby MaK on Sun May 04, 2014 9:45 pm

Looks good!
MaK

Return to WIP Entries