Spas12 Final Submission

Spas12 Final Submission

Postby Spas12 on Mon Jun 30, 2014 9:30 pm

Here it is. not 100% done or as long as i wanted it to be but its good enough.

DOWNLOAD: https://www.dropbox.com/s/1q6lopgoddg3j ... ission.rar

If fog, explosion and muzzleflash sprites dont show up keep restarting the map until they do.
Last edited by Spas12 on Tue Jul 01, 2014 5:35 am, edited 2 times in total.
Past Treyarch Level Designer

Portfolio
Spas12
Veteran
Veteran

Re: Spas12 Final Submission

Postby MaK on Tue Jul 01, 2014 5:32 am

Images won't load yo. (And you envilife link is broken) (for like 2 years)
MaK

Postby Spas12 on Tue Jul 01, 2014 5:42 am

Fixed.

Portfolio
Spas12
Veteran
Veteran

Postby Ade on Sat Jul 05, 2014 4:20 pm

Thoughts on this:
- the very beginning feels odd as a sound starts playing but is quickly cut off, while viewing the node graph message on a black screen
- the next phase gives me quite a bit of a scare as I find myself facing imminent attacks with no ways to defend myself, it does it slightly better than the hl1 teleport malfunction
- another case of forgotten custom cfg
- the environment in the outdoor area looks great, although indoors could do with a bit more light
- I guess I could've explored more to find the magnum first
- I rushed to press the button which stood out in this again very dark indoor area, then ran outside thinking the fence was now down, after completely missing the smg and ar2 near the button! you can imagine how I immediately felt overwhelmed with just a pistol with little ammo and when I crowbared a combine, something did not feel right so I loaded up to see what I missed
- if the fence goes down as I'm looking at it, then what did the button actually do other than ring an alarm?
- interesting layout in the next part (though at one point when shown the depot behind a combine wall, it stroke me as something very familiar, like a mod in which we're shown the next area as some combine architectured tower, and get there through a warehouse where the combine architecture starts little by little, blending in with the human one really nice; fortunatelly this was just a deja-vu)
- the final part was not so interesting, as it's a simple arena where hunters just spawn around me and there's no real ending but the message, not even a fade to black. Felt like the author ran out of time, which is a shame, it could've given the player some way out, or a reward like gnomie, I don't know... or have the teleporting sequence start once more so it's consistent with the beginning which was very well done.
Ade
Regular
Regular

Postby Spas12 on Mon Jul 07, 2014 12:16 am

-ill fix the node graph on the final release

- what cfg is missing?

- i was gonna add some natural lighting (ceiling windows) to some of the dark indoor areas. itll look better on final release.

- the magnum is a reward for the player exploring (or flanking)

- ill move the smg and ar2 more towards the light so the player can see it better. maybe ill move the button too.

- both buttons are just for the fences.

- lol i did run out of time. im gonna extend the area before the hunters and make an exit/ending that makes sense.

Thanks for the input. Download the final version when its out. (should be done within a month)

Portfolio
Spas12
Veteran
Veteran

Postby Ade on Mon Jul 07, 2014 7:27 am

I meant author forgot config.cfg in the mod, which has some different binds, for eg.:
bind "c" "+duck"
(default is ctrl for duck)
I think basically a little more light would suffice, and/or maybe a light shining on the weapons. As for the buttons, the usual monitor to show what the button did usually does the trick, if you can't have the player push the button while looking at the fence being disabled through a window. I guess it's my fault for not following the wires, but it felt like I was presented with a solution before the puzzle so I applied it without knowing what it did and I had 0 time to realize because of the imminent danger.
Plus like I said, one fence is disabled right in front of me and not after me pushing a button, something felt off there.

You're welcome. Will do.
Ade
Regular
Regular

Postby Gambini on Thu Jul 17, 2014 4:04 am

Should have checked this one earlier, because it was quite awesome!

Loved the trimming and layout, the big picture and combat settings. Reminded me a lot to some map of Medal Of Honor, which I actually liked. The only problem i found is that i got stuck four times because it was difficult to figure the way out in many instances. The final combat felt rushed but it was a fun challenge. Great entry! And I´m sure it will be a tough decision to pick the winner with such levels of quality.
Gambini
Sir Post-a-lot
Sir Post-a-lot

Return to Final Submissions