Nightfall Post Mortem

Discuss modifications and also recruit team members.

Re: Nightfall Post Mortem

Postby ghost12332 on Tue Sep 23, 2008 6:45 pm

Lord Ned wrote:Interlopers should do a 30 day mod, just to prove all this that we've woefully gone over. :|

Yeah, sort of like what project valkyrie did with the 3 month mod concept. Turned out pretty damn well to I might add :D
Ryder: i see ghost as a evil scientest who wants to kill everyone for the good of humanity
ghost12332

Postby Ennui on Thu Sep 25, 2008 4:23 am

ghost12332 wrote:Yeah, sort of like what project valkyrie did with the 3 month mod concept. Turned out pretty damn well to I might add :D

Speaking of which they just released a new alpha (incomplete/buggy) version of what they did after their last release because they're inactive / more or less a dead mod now. Moddb newspost.

Also I support the idea of a short Interlopers community mod.
Ennui
May Contain Skills
May Contain Skills

Postby theblahman on Thu Sep 25, 2008 4:25 am

Wasn't there an Interlopers mod a couple of years ago?
I design (v4.1 released 23/2) and Tweet.
theblahman
May Contain Skills
May Contain Skills

Postby Ennui on Fri Sep 26, 2008 2:50 am

There were a few attempts at community projects but I don't remember any big-involvement community mods. Maybe though, it's been quite a while since I joined, plenty of time to forget.

What I envision is something like the equivalent of the Goon Tower, except each segment of the tower is a different member's design. They could design their segment of the tower however they wanted to, so long as it joined the segments above and below it at pre-specified points, then they could all be compiled in a map together / screenshotted. Although that's not really a mod, more just something awesome.
Ennui
May Contain Skills
May Contain Skills

Postby The Wanderer on Tue Nov 11, 2008 10:38 am

theblahman wrote:Wasn't there an Interlopers mod a couple of years ago?

yes there was, i was even part of it. But in the end it failed because every modeller, texture artist etc... quitted on it and only mappers were left...

Project K... goodbye my love... :P
The Wanderer

Postby rb_lestr on Tue Nov 11, 2008 1:29 pm

Not to mention the Sever Hour War squad based mod started by Longshanks.
rb_lestr
May Contain Skills
May Contain Skills

Postby Ennui on Mon Nov 09, 2009 5:13 am

So, this thread hasn't been bumped in 363 days... maybe it's time to unsticky it?
Ennui
May Contain Skills
May Contain Skills

Postby srredfire on Mon Nov 09, 2009 5:19 am

Just because it hasn't been bumped doesn't mean it's not important. That's like saying books that are in the library that haven't been read need to be taken out. This is a useful thread that a lot of people should read before they consider making a mod.
srredfire
Veteran
Veteran

Postby vcool on Mon Nov 09, 2009 5:47 am

Yes, I don't see a reason for this to be unstickied.

Neighborhood Forum Elitist
vcool
Veteran
Veteran

Postby Phott on Mon Nov 09, 2009 6:44 am

The whole reason it's stickied is because it doesn't dissapear by the other threads.
Phott
Veteran
Veteran

Postby Ennui on Mon Nov 09, 2009 7:23 am

There are numerous post-mortems and valuable articles by modders about the learning experience of making a mod. I don't think there is anyone on this forum who hasn't read this (or at least heard of it and had the opportunity to should they care) and new members don't read stickies anyway, a fact demonstrated very often by new threads in this particular subforum...

why not replace it with a list of good reads in its vein?
Ennui
May Contain Skills
May Contain Skills

Postby SixThree on Mon Nov 09, 2009 7:39 am

I say we unsticky your FACE!
SpaceJesus wrote:Not to sound harsh, but cl_commonsense 1 please folks
SixThree
1337 p0st3r
1337 p0st3r

Postby The Wanderer on Mon Nov 09, 2009 10:24 am

Ennui wrote:There are numerous post-mortems and valuable articles by modders about the learning experience of making a mod. I don't think there is anyone on this forum who hasn't read this (or at least heard of it and had the opportunity to should they care) and new members don't read stickies anyway, a fact demonstrated very often by new threads in this particular subforum...

Perhaps because it is one of the best written articles about mismanaging a mod out there? This is a constant reminder to people of the walls they may encounter during development and how best to avoid them.
I see no reason to unsticky this, it is important and will always be important as long as their is modding.
The Wanderer

Postby srredfire on Mon Nov 09, 2009 1:13 pm

Ennui wrote:There are numerous post-mortems and valuable articles by modders about the learning experience of making a mod. I don't think there is anyone on this forum who hasn't read this (or at least heard of it and had the opportunity to should they care) and new members don't read stickies anyway, a fact demonstrated very often by new threads in this particular subforum...

See:

srredfire wrote:Just because it hasn't been bumped doesn't mean it's not important. That's like saying books that are in the library that haven't been read need to be taken out. This is a useful thread that a lot of people should read before they consider making a mod.
srredfire
Veteran
Veteran

Postby Dr. Delta on Mon Nov 09, 2009 1:44 pm

The Wanderer wrote:

Perhaps because it is one of the best written articles about mismanaging a mod out there? This is a constant reminder to people of the walls they may encounter during development and how best to avoid them.
I see no reason to unsticky this, it is important and will always be important as long as their is modding.

However experiencing these difficulties for yourself learns you hell more than reading an article.
Last edited by Dr. Delta on Mon Nov 09, 2009 3:11 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Dr. Delta
Veteran
Veteran

PreviousNext

Return to Mod Talk