IT'S TIME TO BACK YOUR MODS UP PEOPLE

Discuss modifications and also recruit team members.

Re: IT'S TIME TO BACK YOUR MODS UP PEOPLE

Postby Gambini on Thu May 30, 2013 10:21 pm

That FAQ has been here since the beginning. Maybe you posted the wrong link?

Anyway, episode 2 updated, once again. Let´s hope this time is for good.
Gambini
Sir Post-a-lot
Sir Post-a-lot

Postby marnamai on Wed Jun 26, 2013 11:41 pm

marnamai
Veteran
Veteran

Postby MaK on Wed Jun 26, 2013 11:49 pm

If this isn't worthy of the first interlopers news post in months then I don't know what is.
MaK

Postby dreamt1204 on Thu Jun 27, 2013 8:17 am

Hi, I was working on my HL map (with ep 2 content inside.) Just this morning, I took the update for ep2... And as you know, SDK mess up and cannot find the new location for ep2 content.

I have tried many solutions, such as:
1) Re-direct the directory to new directory
2) Type "AppID 211" in GameInfo

Now, I can open my map in Hammer from SDK. However, all the ep2 content are missing....

I have read most article and tread about this but there is no clear solution.

Can anyone help me? I really need to finish this map ASAP for my portfolio.
dreamt1204
Just Joined
Just Joined

Postby plagueofburia on Sun Jul 07, 2013 10:43 pm

Something has happened, all my models and textures in my HL2 folders have disappeared why has this happened HL2 episode 2 updated and for some reason deleted everything. I can't believe I spent a long time on my custom textures all of that work has gone without any warning. This is has all gone wrong :(

Everything gone this is cruel joke, please tell me there is a way to get that work back, I have a feeling it has gone forever. I am doomed.
plagueofburia
Regular
Regular

Postby Armageddon on Sun Jul 07, 2013 10:50 pm

It's not gone, check the HL2 folder in common and then the ep2 folder.
Armageddon
Forum Goer Elite™
Forum Goer Elite™

Postby plagueofburia on Sun Jul 07, 2013 10:50 pm

Hammer has an error and won't even load up. I am so angry now I can't begin to say..........

what is setup file gameinfo.txt doesn't exist in sub directory check your - game parameter or VCONFIG setting.

How do I fix this? can I fix this?
plagueofburia
Regular
Regular

Postby plagueofburia on Sun Jul 07, 2013 10:58 pm

Yeah!! wow you are a mighty god Armageddon thanks man, you saved me here. I can't tell how it feels to have the stuff there. I think I was going to go crazy :)
plagueofburia
Regular
Regular

Postby Armageddon on Sun Jul 07, 2013 11:00 pm

You need to install the Singleplayer Base 2013 under tools. And then find that folder in common and then inside bin there will be a Hammer.exe launch Hammer that way. SDK is dead.
Armageddon
Forum Goer Elite™
Forum Goer Elite™

Postby plagueofburia on Sun Jul 07, 2013 11:41 pm

Thanks again, this was/is a big help, I am downloading base 2013 single player. is there anything important in the other area where the other old folders were before.

There are a lot of folders in the old directory like, sdk base, sdkbase 2007, sdk content and other various games folders.

I was thinking if it is okay to just delete them. Only the maps I am working on are there, I would like to keep those though but everything else can I delete? I am just being careful, I don't want to delete something important.
plagueofburia
Regular
Regular

Postby Gambini on Mon Jul 08, 2013 2:24 am

"Little" big detail: If you want to have all half life 2 games installed, plus source 2013 installed (for creating your mods) and want to keep the Source 2007 gcf files for aaaall the mods that came prior to turdpipe, you need the shivery amout of 25gbs of space, when before it was just 8gb.
Gambini
Sir Post-a-lot
Sir Post-a-lot

Postby ScarT on Mon Jul 08, 2013 4:06 pm

Guys 25 gigabytes is a lot of space! Max Payne was 35 GB alone. Is this 1995 or what?

I've got everything plus the raw resources, source code and compile source code for Missing Information on my laptop that's rocking 500 GB all in all. 25 GB isn't a problem for me at all.

Appreciate that Valve is updating instead of whining. Mods without custom binaries can be brought over by yourself by changing the gameinfo.txt. Mods that got custom binaries either need to die completely or get updated by the authors. We're planning to bring MI to 2013 with Linux and Mac releases.

We aren't offering support for 2007 after that release (read: releasing updates, we'll gladly answer questions on our forums).

Get with the times or get out of the game.
ScarT

Postby plagueofburia on Mon Jul 08, 2013 7:08 pm

I noticed now there seems to be two different hammers one is at common\halflife2\bin the other is at source sdk base 2013 singleplayer\bin. I don't want to import my stuff to both locations when I don't know why I need to do that and it looks like if the custom model and material folders are not in those places hammer won't show them. I also noticed that if I compile the map in source sdk 2013 when I try to load a map in HL2 ep2 it will not load the map.

I think to use the hammer at common\halflife2\bin and select ep2

additional SDK 2013 has strange things happening
it is black I thought it should be green. In the hl2 bin hammer seems normal when I select HL2 ep2

I also don't think I have set up hammer correctly:

Invalid game"c:\programfiles\steam\steamapps\plagueof\half-life 2 episode two\ep2" found in VProject environment variable, ignoring.

hammer works but I don't know what that message means.
If it is possible to get some advice in setting up hammer that would be cool.
plagueofburia
Regular
Regular

Postby Gambini on Mon Jul 08, 2013 7:09 pm

I have a 320gb HD, but I don´t need to have 500gb of anything, so it´s not really a problem, unless a company decides to modify, for nothing, a game I bought and that should weight 3 times less. It´s not like they´re releasing 15 extra gbs of new "with the times" content. It´s the same 11 years old game that is triplicated in your HD.
Gambini
Sir Post-a-lot
Sir Post-a-lot

Postby ScarT on Tue Jul 09, 2013 7:33 pm

Stop living in 2001 and get with the times.
ScarT

PreviousNext

Return to Mod Talk