Ivan's Secret Soundtrack

Comment on the news articles here.

Ivan's Secret Soundtrack

Postby ghost12332 on Sat Jan 24, 2009 2:25 am

This is our first release of the Ivan's Secret Soundtrack. Currently, we have around 13 minutes of music fully composed and rendered, and are aiming for at least 20 minutes. All the links provided below are done so in lossless WMA quality. Comments and crits are welcome. Please leave a comment if you can't play the music for any reason and I will provide alternate DL links, and try to resolve your issue.

We have three types of music that we are using, orchestral, dark synth, and a hybrid of the two genres. We have plans for developing action music as well, but current are focused on the ambiance. All music was composed and rendered by myself, ghost.

Please click Play Song, In the upper right hand corner of the song box

You can also download the full set as mp3 tracks.

More information and media can be found at our fpsbanana studio.

We are also looking for a high-quality, dedicated animator to help us with our character models. Rigging is a must, and the ability to compile these characters is also a plus.

The original soundtrack release can be also be downloaded

Primary Mirror

Secondary Mirror
Ryder: i see ghost as a evil scientest who wants to kill everyone for the good of humanity
ghost12332

Re: Ivan's Secret Soundtrack

Postby TheMiede on Sat Jan 24, 2009 3:10 am

What or who is this for?
TheMiede
1337 p0st3r
1337 p0st3r

Postby ghost12332 on Sat Jan 24, 2009 3:30 am

This is for the half-life 2 mod Ivan's Secret. More information and media can be found at our fpsbanana studio here: http://www.fpsbanana.com/studios/1771

We are also looking for a high-quality, dedicated animator to help us with our character models. Rigging is a must, and the ability to compile these characters is also a plus.

The original soundtrack release can be also be found here: http://www.fpsbanana.com/wips/27395
Ryder: i see ghost as a evil scientest who wants to kill everyone for the good of humanity
ghost12332

Postby TheMiede on Sat Jan 24, 2009 3:34 am

You may want to mention that in the news post.
TheMiede
1337 p0st3r
1337 p0st3r

Postby TheMiede on Sat Jan 24, 2009 3:38 am

By the way, real cool stuff, I havent heard of this mod before. Looks really good, kind of a COD4 feel.
TheMiede
1337 p0st3r
1337 p0st3r

Postby ad_hominem on Sat Jan 24, 2009 3:39 am

TheMiede wrote:You may want to mention that in the news post.

He originally did, it was my fault for accidentally doing something that I don't quite understand, and asking him to resubmit the news. Ghost, just give me a shout if you want it added.
ad_hominem
Monothetic
Monothetic

Postby TheMiede on Sat Jan 24, 2009 3:47 am

Ah, yeah, I think it is important to include the FPS Banana link. I just checked out all of their media and it is sexy. It would be a shame if people missed the sexiness.
TheMiede
1337 p0st3r
1337 p0st3r

Postby ghost12332 on Sat Jan 24, 2009 4:34 am

Yeah, that would be nice if you could combine the posts Ad. Thanks man, and I forgive you for your slight mistake ;)
ghost12332

Postby ghost12332 on Sat Jan 24, 2009 5:30 am

*AHEM*

I have uploaded the 7 song soundtrack with album art and proper mp3 tags. This is for anyone who simply wants to have it DL'd, or if the acidplanet plugin is not working for you. I have 2 mirrors, mediafire and filesavr, neither of which require an account or wait to download.

Primary Mirror: http://www.filesavr.com/ivanssecret

Secondary Mirror: http://www.mediafire.com/file/ny2zgha1wjn/Ivan's Secret.rar
ghost12332

Postby windlab on Sat Jan 24, 2009 2:03 pm

TheMiede wrote:By the way, real cool stuff, I haven't heard of this mod before. Looks really good, kind of a COD4 feel.

You, Sir, are wrong.
It does not have a CoD4 feel. The expression you are searching for is "kind of a Russian / Ukrainian feel".

The Raindrop and Ivan's Secrets mods are continually compared to STALKER and CoD4, with many of those making the comparison never connecting the locations with the in-game environments.

Note: this isn't a personal attack, just a rant. ;)
windlab
Regular
Regular

Postby marnamai on Sat Jan 24, 2009 2:38 pm

Actually a few days ago I was chatting with Jlea (Ivan's secret dev) and I asked him what game(s) it could be compared to, and his answer was a mixture of cod4 and stalker.
marnamai
Veteran
Veteran

Postby TheMiede on Sat Jan 24, 2009 2:45 pm

lolpwnt. Hey windlab, just because I relate mods to popular games doesn't mean I am discrediting them in anyway. If anything its me congratulating them for making retail quality products. I realize its not a personal attack, but next time, try not to explain to me why my OPINION is wrong. Everyone is entitled to their own opinion.
TheMiede
1337 p0st3r
1337 p0st3r

Postby no00dylan on Sat Jan 24, 2009 2:52 pm

How did you make this? I would very much like to make beautiful music like this for a project.

This mod looks awesome, and the soundtrack is wonderful.
no00dylan
Veteran
Veteran

Postby ghost12332 on Sat Jan 24, 2009 4:08 pm

I would try to gain a sound knowledge of music theory before attempting to make a soundtrack ;)
ghost12332

Postby windlab on Sat Jan 24, 2009 4:24 pm

Sorry TheMiede, I didn't phrase things the best that I could.
It's a great looking mod though; there's too few games set in that area.
windlab
Regular
Regular

Next

Return to Site News