Human Error Released

Comment on the news articles here.

Re: Human Error Released

Postby Corigami on Tue Feb 09, 2010 1:36 am

Highlight to read:
A few not so big things:
-I had no idea where the Molotov fires were coming from until halfway through the mod. Maybe having the Molotovs actually be on fire as they fly through the air would have helped me trace it back to the rebels.
-The "alyx gun" sounds were unfamiliar, I would prefer the original sound used.
-cutscenes occurred while I was piloting a manhack.
-That van rigged with explosive killed someone from my CP squad over and over again because they would just stand in front of it. Once it killed all three of them. The autosave right before will get you stuck permanently, having your cp buddies skooshed over and over.

Overall, the mod was a lot of fun and I enjoyed playing it, but it was pretty weak visually in my opinion. The maps weren't all that attractive and the college theme got very old fast. Some of the custom models were alright but most of them were pretty ugly. The generator and turret models looked very good, but I don't think they fit in well with the other combine assets. Specularity on custom textures was completely overdone and it looked terrible.
Corigami
Sir Post-a-lot
Sir Post-a-lot

Postby srredfire on Tue Feb 09, 2010 9:27 am

Also, this is how I felt about the eyes and the faces.

srredfire
Veteran
Veteran

Postby MrTwoVideoCards on Tue Feb 09, 2010 10:28 am

Srred, you are fucking ugly.
MrTwoVideoCards
Monothetic

Postby srredfire on Tue Feb 09, 2010 10:37 am

MrTwoVideoCards wrote:Srred, you are fucking ugly.

I try.
srredfire
Veteran
Veteran

Postby MrTwoVideoCards on Tue Feb 09, 2010 2:26 pm

I just got done playing it, and I really liked it. Phillip made me giggle!
MrTwoVideoCards
Monothetic

Postby Habboi on Tue Feb 09, 2010 2:43 pm

@srredfire

I lol'd.
http://www.habboi.co.uk - Habboi's Portfolio

3D Art Director working on indie title "A Hat in Time" by Gears for Breakfast.
http://hatintime.com/
Habboi
Veteran
Veteran

Postby Duke Nukem on Tue Feb 09, 2010 5:11 pm

UhahahHAHAHHA ^^

cool mod, btw. enjoyed playing it!
Enjoy your Kartoffelsuppe!

ModDB Profile
Duke Nukem
Pheropod
Pheropod

Postby Armageddon on Tue Feb 09, 2010 8:51 pm

Highlight to read:
Review: Okay so the story was really cool I liked it. I liked how you made the NPC's have feelings against the player. Instead of running though HL2 and have every rebel go 'Hey! It's Freeman! Our hero has arrived!'. I must say that the mapping wasn't even up to par with HL2, and that's saying something. And I really don't think you took enough time to do the manhack puzzles. There were so many possibility's with them. I liked seeing some of my favorite Zen creatures back in the HL2. However you shouldn't have made the flying thing with the big head walk on the ground. When I saw one running at me I was like 'WHAT! They can't do that!'. I also think that the Hgrunt's bash was WAY to strong. I got flung across the level. And there 'charge' was just like a fat dude trying to jog towards you. I don't ever remember Hrunts doing that in HL1. The Metro Cop APC was way to jittery, I just tapped 'A' and it flung me all the way around. Also the NPC's were UGLY I mean ugly! You could have done a much better job. And the NPC's animations in the mod were also ugly. You really need to work on that. Other than all that, I think the voice acting was great. I loved the guy Phillip played. He was funny and nice. All the other people I hated because of their attitudes and half the time I couldn't understand them. I also didn't care for the part where the Team Leader dude said 'F*ck' 38 times. That was some bad writing. Could have done something else. I really liked the quality of the world models and the creature models. They look very good. Would have liked to see some armor on the Hgrunts! I really like the HUD and weapon system too. Anyways, this mod may not be the best but I enjoyed playing it. 8/10 for me.
Armageddon
Forum Goer Elite™
Forum Goer Elite™

Postby dewkl on Wed Feb 10, 2010 1:43 pm

What are you supposed to do at the pod thing that explodes? I'm completely stuck.
dewkl
Been Here A While
Been Here A While

Postby srredfire on Wed Feb 10, 2010 2:09 pm

dewkl wrote:What are you supposed to do at the pod thing that explodes? I'm completely stuck.

Break the case it's in. Smash the glass and all that. Then fire it. And it'll blast into the wall.

I had to sv_cheats 1 to figure that out.
srredfire
Veteran
Veteran

Postby staberas on Wed Feb 10, 2010 2:11 pm

that^
i figured it out after the game logic got bugged...
staberas
Been Here A While
Been Here A While

Postby Duke Nukem on Wed Feb 10, 2010 5:20 pm

im a progamer, i figured it out without any help and/or bug!
Enjoy your Kartoffelsuppe!

ModDB Profile
Duke Nukem
Pheropod
Pheropod

Postby dewkl on Wed Feb 10, 2010 5:23 pm

Highlight to read:
I think most of it has been said. Noah looks like the robot from I Robot at times and his voice acting seems uncharacteristic and monotonous. Larson stood out most for me, he was well acted and seemed like the most likable character. The girlfriend (?) was annoying and reminded me of this. I tried to shoot her but I think she exploded on me? Could be better if she just disappeared instead? The "brute" movement was a bit stiff, I'd rather see them move on four legs or at least have more fluid leg movement. Also the music and sound was a bit unbalanced, the sound effects for "alyx's gun" didnt' sound right and the music didn't usually fit the situation it was in.

As for the whole premise of the title, I didn't really try to go anywhere with your role nor your team members about how they/you cope with being CP (hurr, hurr). Maybe this is reserved for future episodes?

With that said; the mod was good. The gameplay was varied and I didn't get exhausted by killing enemies, which sometimes is the case with other hl2 mods. The manhack gameplay was fun and brought some interesting puzzles. One exception is the exploding pod thing.

off topic: The ridiculous accuracy of HL2 npcs annoyed me at times, one enemy was able to hit my manhack constantly at a long distance, almost locking my movement.
dewkl
Been Here A While
Been Here A While

Postby Armageddon on Thu Feb 11, 2010 2:17 am

The "brute" is called an Hgrunt. And they don't walk on 4 legs.
Armageddon
Forum Goer Elite™
Forum Goer Elite™

Postby dewkl on Thu Feb 11, 2010 11:01 pm

Armageddon wrote:The "brute" is called an Hgrunt. And they don't walk on 4 legs.

Fair enough, I didn't think they were a part of the HL canon. Thought they were a fan concept. Still, something about their movement doesn't seem right. I'm sure there are better ways to fix it than giving them four legged movement, change of concept shouldn't be made for the sake of movement trifles.
dewkl
Been Here A While
Been Here A While

PreviousNext

Return to Site News