Firearms Source 1.0 Released

Comment on the news articles here.

Re: Firearms Source 1.0 Released

Postby Noodles on Tue Jul 27, 2010 4:02 pm

Hey, was waiting for ages for this to be commentable just so I could say:

check the video, the m4/m16 (can't quite see what it is) has a muzzle flash problem, it's appearing in the top right corner for some reason. Either the particle system itself is bad or the attachment is off.

I haven't actually played this mod yet, will do shortly, but I used to play Firearms a lot back in the day and yes it was hard, but when you had a moment where you owned, you could own seriously hard, and that's a good thing as it gives every player something difficult to achieve, but when it's achieved they feel damn good about themselves, so they will constantly strive to get it. If you can do that (and of course, keep the weapon range and versatility the original had) then it'll be a good remake in my book.

Oh and please say durandal is in, I'm an unashamed durandal whore.
'English as tuppence, changing yet changeless as canal water, nestling in green nowhere, armoured and effete, bold flag-bearer, lotus-fed Miss Havershambling, opsimath and eremite, feudal, still reactionary Rawlinson End.'
Noodles
Pheropod
Pheropod

Postby ELMO on Tue Jul 27, 2010 5:10 pm

After all these years its been in development, I have to say that im not very impressed.
ELMO
Regular
Regular

Postby Dionysos on Tue Jul 27, 2010 6:07 pm

Will certainly play the next patch, looking forward to voice menus (wwwwwwwwaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaahg).

Is the reload animation aborting very easily considered a bug? And sometimes you need to press the fire button a couple of times (or at least once) to get the gun to fire. Not consistent though.
The Venus Project wrote:The most valuable, untapped resource today is human ingenuity.
Dionysos

Postby ThePain on Tue Jul 27, 2010 6:27 pm

This doesn't have what the original one has where you can shoot someone in the lower leg and they have to slowly crawl around on the ground for the next 7 minutes till they bleed to death, the round ends, or someone walks by and kills them, right?

Every one of the 10 times I played the original there was someone on the other team where this is all they would do. Shoot you in the leg then run away so you couldn't do anything. Completely ruined the mod for me to where I never picked it up again.

If that game-play mechanic is completely gone then sure, I'll give this a shot.
It's quite simple really. I want to be a professional level designer. I want this to be my job.
ThePain
Been Here A While
Been Here A While

Postby city14 on Tue Jul 27, 2010 6:29 pm

That sounds like a cool feature, if you could kill yourself...
coder0xff wrote:I wonder if Gabe ever lies in bed at night, thinking about all the fat jokes, and just cries himself to sleep, wiping his tears away with one-thousand dollar bills.
city14
Pheropod
Pheropod

Postby Penney on Tue Jul 27, 2010 7:22 pm

I just finished a 2 hour play, had a lot of fun and filled me with a lot of nostalgia :) I feel that it does need a lot of work, but at least it's off the ground and playable and enjoyable. Very difficult to play but a lot of fun once you get the feel of it. Whatever road this mod goes down in the future I'll be sticking with it for a long time to come.
Penney

Postby ThePain on Tue Jul 27, 2010 7:24 pm

city14 wrote:That sounds like a cool feature, if you could kill yourself...

Nope. You just lay there and bleed to death, unless you can bandage yourself, then you just lay there for the rest of the round. Maybe if you were lucky one person would walk by and wouldn't notice you so you could shoot them, but really it was just a fool-proof way to grief anyone who didn't put 11 hours a day into learning the mod.

Round starts, run forward, shot in the leg, lay there for 7 minutes till the round ends or you die. Wash and repeat.

Completely killed the mod, and will kill this version if it's still there.
It's quite simple really. I want to be a professional level designer. I want this to be my job.
ThePain
Been Here A While
Been Here A While

Postby Hellraz0r on Wed Jul 28, 2010 1:40 am

Been waiting for this for a very long time! :) Will download as soon as my internet cap rolls over.
Hellraz0r
Pheropod
Pheropod

Postby Major Banter on Wed Jul 28, 2010 4:01 pm

"Drop primed grenades on death"

There was a reason IW took Martyrdom out of the multiplayer for MW2.
ImageImageImage
Major Banter
Veteran
Veteran

Postby Phott on Wed Jul 28, 2010 6:16 pm

Major Banter wrote:"Drop primed grenades on death"

There was a reason IW took Martyrdom out of the multiplayer for MW2.

What? Martyrdom is still there.
Phott
Veteran
Veteran

Postby Major Banter on Wed Jul 28, 2010 6:19 pm

Deathstreak bro.

You have to be fucking shit to die 4 times for that. Especially when Final Stand is so much more useful.
ImageImageImage
Major Banter
Veteran
Veteran

Postby Phott on Wed Jul 28, 2010 6:22 pm

Major Banter wrote:Deathstreak bro.

You have to be fucking shit to die 4 times for that. Especially when Final Stand is so much more useful.

Oh right, well if you have Hardline Pro I'm pretty sure you can get it at 3 times, and it's not hard to get killed 3 times when they have 2 fucking Harriers and a Pave-Low at the same time.
Phott
Veteran
Veteran

Postby ThePain on Thu Jul 29, 2010 4:23 am

Can we all just agree MW 2 is a terrible game?
ThePain
Been Here A While
Been Here A While

Postby Phott on Thu Jul 29, 2010 4:42 am

ThePain wrote:Can we all just agree MW 2 is a terrible game?

I actually thought that too, and then I finally decided to get it.
I'm seriously enjoying the game, alot.
Phott
Veteran
Veteran

Postby Gradius on Thu Jul 29, 2010 12:44 pm

I really don't get this game. Players have like two hit points (unless you're the one trying to shoot them), you can bleed out very easily requiring you to take cover and bandage your wounds. The game really seems to be aimed at gun enthuthiasts given the name and amount of weapons.

But at the same time it isn't aiming remotely for realism with the lack of aiming your gun (I don't actually consider iron sights a realistic touch since they give a gameplay choice of increase accuracy but decreased mobility or vice versa) and the instant respawns.

I... I really don't have a clue how this game is actually meant to be played.
Gradius
1337 p0st3r
1337 p0st3r

PreviousNext

Return to Site News