Exclusive: Contagion Announced

Comment on the news articles here.

Exclusive: Contagion Announced

Postby ad_hominem on Sat Aug 07, 2010 12:00 am

It looks like we've got some bona fide exclusive news today. Resident member marks kindly gave me a heads up a bit before he sent the news across the internet, announcing a new Source powered indie game named Contagion. Despite only just being announced, the team have already got some impressive stuff to show off.

Here's the original press release:

Contagion is a spiritual successor to the hottest Half-Life 2 mod since 2008, Zombie Panic: Source. Eugene and Marcus, icons of the mod return to do what they do best - Survive and stomp out any undead that may cross their path. Contagion will be a story driven, atmospheric experience, throwing you into the middle of a zombie outbreak with a focus on survival. As the player you will not have the luxury of a suitcase of ammo and a trolley to carry along your weapon stash.

ImageImageImage

Contagion guarantees not to be your average zombie game and will pit you against unique and terrifying enemies, new features, a variety of new weapons to choose from, and a powerful soundtrack that promises to completely immerse the player in the world we've built.

ImageImageImage

We would like to thank our incredibly loyal community for all their support and point out that it was because of a large number of enthusiastic ZP:S players who asked us to work on a Single Player version that inspired us to move forward with this project. We would also like to thank Valve, who've shown both mod and indie developers a generous amount of support and it is with our trust in them and their ever changing engine that we'll be developing Contagion on the Source Engine. We're also excited to announce that we will be looking for playtesters to test our existing alpha build soon.

ImageImageImage

We're sure you have many questions to ask or are interested in learning more so visit our forums

-Monochrome LLC

You can find out more about Contagion at Monochrome Games' website.
ad_hominem
Monothetic
Monothetic

Re: Exclusive: Contagion Mod Announced

Postby srredfire on Sat Aug 07, 2010 12:05 am

Has a zombie pug. Automatically awesome.
srredfire
Veteran
Veteran

Re: Exclusive: Contagion Announced

Postby ad_hominem on Sat Aug 07, 2010 12:10 am

I couldn't quite fit everything into the news post, but here's some more loveliness:

ad_hominem
Monothetic
Monothetic

Postby F0xHunter on Sat Aug 07, 2010 12:18 am

So you're looking for beta-testers? 8)
STARS_Gavyn wrote:drink sperm and die shithead fucker.

F0xHunter
1337 p0st3r
1337 p0st3r

Postby MáØ on Sat Aug 07, 2010 12:33 am

Gotta say... I'm interested
MáØ
Pheropod
Pheropod

Postby Noodles on Sat Aug 07, 2010 12:34 am

L4D2 is a spiritual successor to the hottest Half-Life 2 mod since 2008, L4D. Random American character #1 and #2, icons of the mod return to do what they do best - Survive and stomp out any undead that may cross their path. L4D2 will be a story driven, atmospheric experience, throwing you into the middle of a zombie outbreak with a focus on survival. As the player you will not have the luxury of a suitcase of ammo and a trolley to carry along your weapon stash.

Fixed.

Seriously, I'm sure it will be lovely, but zombie games are getting boring. What makes your game different from the mass of others?
'English as tuppence, changing yet changeless as canal water, nestling in green nowhere, armoured and effete, bold flag-bearer, lotus-fed Miss Havershambling, opsimath and eremite, feudal, still reactionary Rawlinson End.'
Noodles
Pheropod
Pheropod

Postby no00dylan on Sat Aug 07, 2010 12:37 am

I would love to beta test.
no00dylan
Veteran
Veteran

Postby KILLA-COW on Sat Aug 07, 2010 12:40 am

Snore.
KILLA-COW
Veteran
Veteran

Postby Corigami on Sat Aug 07, 2010 12:45 am

Noodles wrote:Seriously, I'm sure it will be lovely, but zombie games are getting boring. What makes your game different from the mass of others?

Two words: zombie pug.
Corigami
Sir Post-a-lot
Sir Post-a-lot

Postby marks on Sat Aug 07, 2010 12:55 am

Noodles wrote:Seriously, I'm sure it will be lovely, but zombie games are getting boring. What makes your game different from the mass of others?

Thanks for the negatively judgemental attitude. What makes our game different? You'll have to wait and see when more information is released - suffice to say we aren't silly enough to try directly competing with L4D2.
marks
Creative Assembly
Creative Assembly

Postby ErikKiller on Sat Aug 07, 2010 12:58 am

Even though yes, there ARE crapton of zombie games this seems to have a different vibe to it.
Good luck guys!
First rodeo? Use the Source SDK Documentation for reference!
ErikKiller
May Contain Skills
May Contain Skills

Postby Phott on Sat Aug 07, 2010 1:25 am

Who the hell cares if there are a fuckton of other zombie mods out there? Not even 90% of them get released, besides... I love zombie games. :D
Phott
Veteran
Veteran

Postby Gradius on Sat Aug 07, 2010 1:35 am

:O Okay, I'm interested even though my view of the original mod is now, in the words of Marcus:
"Bitch you a zombie, I thought you were tougher than that."
Gradius
1337 p0st3r
1337 p0st3r

Postby source-maps on Sat Aug 07, 2010 2:15 am

Noodles wrote:
L4D2 is a spiritual successor to the hottest Half-Life 2 mod since 2008, L4D. Random American character #1 and #2, icons of the mod return to do what they do best - Survive and stomp out any undead that may cross their path. L4D2 will be a story driven, atmospheric experience, throwing you into the middle of a zombie outbreak with a focus on survival. As the player you will not have the luxury of a suitcase of ammo and a trolley to carry along your weapon stash.

Fixed.

Seriously, I'm sure it will be lovely, but zombie games are getting boring. What makes your game different from the mass of others?

wrong, l4d2 is not even a zombie game
source-maps
Forum Goer Elite™
Forum Goer Elite™

Postby JLea on Sat Aug 07, 2010 2:21 am

If you guys basically make it an actual zombie game where it's difficult to stay alive then awesome. But if it's L4D actiony then I'm not interested.
JLea
May Contain Skills
May Contain Skills

Next

Return to Site News