Roger Waters 2006 Tour

Films, albums, random internet videos.

Roger Waters 2006 Tour

Postby p1nkfl0yd1an on Tue Apr 25, 2006 7:07 am

For the musically ignorant Roger Waters was the bassist for Pink Floyd as well as the one who wrote a majority of the music. In short: He had an ego larger than any ego ever... ever. So he's touring now. I have my ticket for the Chicago concert on September 29th. 21st Row for a mere 150 dollars. It seems outrageous to pay that much money for a single concert but it's becoming increasingly obvious that Pink Floyd will never reunite again. Live 8 was great but unfortunately I couldn't get my shit together to go to London to witness it firsthand. (If i'd had the money and a valid passport I would have at least tried to listen from a distance) Since I wasn't alive the last time Floyd toured, a Roger Waters show is about as close to a Floyd concert I'll ever get. I guess I could have gone to see Gilmour this year too (the guitarist). Too bad every ticket avaliable sold out in less than 60 seconds. Damn internet has ruined the sacred tradition of camping out and earning good seats. Now any rich bastard can just sit at his computer with a stopwatch... just waiting to hit submit. Bastards.

Gilmour would have been a much better show.
All in all you're just another brick in the wall
p1nkfl0yd1an
Pheropod
Pheropod

Postby Rocket_Robinhood on Tue Apr 25, 2006 3:02 pm

personally i think this aint worth 150, i lvoe pink floyd but....

Pwned - A Society of Gamers

Rocket_Robinhood
Veteran
Veteran

Postby dragonfliet on Wed Apr 26, 2006 2:34 am

Rocket_Robinhood wrote:personally i think this aint worth 150, i lvoe pink floyd but....
dragonfliet
Veteran
Veteran

Postby Rocket_Robinhood on Wed Apr 26, 2006 3:04 am

but when single people from classic bands do solo work its shit

Pwned - A Society of Gamers

Rocket_Robinhood
Veteran
Veteran

Postby p1nkfl0yd1an on Wed Apr 26, 2006 8:41 am

Agreed, Waters' solo work is boring and arrogant... at least he's true to himself. However, every water's tour is accompanied by a gratuitous number of Floyd songs thrown here and there... AND as a special bonus Water's has promised to perform all of Dark Side of The Moon as the 2nd half of the show.

Gilmour's early solo work wasn't that great but his latest album On an Island is actually pretty good. Sounds a lot like a mix of early floyd and the post-waters era floyd combined. The title track is espeically awesome. David Crosby and Gary Nash even provide supporting vocals... so thats pretty neat.

Anyhow as a young floyd fan i'm deprived of the privelage of seeing the real floyd live. This is just an attempt at fulfilling my dream somehow by seeing one of them live.
p1nkfl0yd1an
Pheropod
Pheropod

Postby BigEyeGuy on Sat Apr 29, 2006 12:15 pm

DUDE, go to the concert!, hes coming here as well and i heard hes going to preform the whole darkside album, this may be the last chance to see such a thing
BigEyeGuy
Dumpling
Dumpling

Postby p1nkfl0yd1an on Wed May 10, 2006 1:55 pm

Oh there's no doubt as to whether I'm going now. I'm something like 22 rows back on the left side of the stage. So far my biggest issue has been figuring out who to take with me.
p1nkfl0yd1an
Pheropod
Pheropod

Postby TheRecreator on Thu May 11, 2006 12:08 am

lol, take me :D

I saw the music video for "On an Island" sounds like it is another Pink Floyd classic. Like if you put it together mixed with classic Pink Floyd songs, people wouldn't be able to tell it wasn't the whole band.
TheRecreator
Been Here A While
Been Here A While

Postby p1nkfl0yd1an on Fri May 12, 2006 8:13 am

On an island is a pretty sweet song. I thought it was amusing crosby and nash were singing in the backround.

Little known fact: one of the beach boys as well as Tenille (from captain and tenille) provided some backing vocals on The Wall.
p1nkfl0yd1an
Pheropod
Pheropod

Return to Media