Could someone help me with a flash 8 game?

Show off new creations, get help, or just chat about all aspects of web development and design.

Could someone help me with a flash 8 game?

Postby jaddorii on Tue Sep 25, 2007 3:15 pm

Hi! I've started making a small game in flash 8 :P but im not that good at coding in AS, just know alittle about the _x, _y and stuff like that. So Im wondering if anyone could help me make a cool shooter or rpg in flash :)

^Jaddori^
Dom Dom Dom... another one bites de_dust
jaddorii
1337 p0st3r
1337 p0st3r

Postby CanMan on Tue Sep 25, 2007 3:20 pm

Flash 8? Bah! Go get a better version of flash, then come back...

Nublet...

Jk, but you might want to come about this with more info. Like alot of mods, people wont want to work for a game if they don't know what it's about. I'd probly help, but my flash skills are a little rusty. They've been sitting in the rain for about 3 years now :? .
Interlopers.net steam-chat
Come on in and ask all your level-design questions, or discuss games.
CanMan
May Contain Skills
May Contain Skills

Postby jaddorii on Tue Sep 25, 2007 3:38 pm

Hmm okey. U want Info? Well heres some story anyway:

You wake up ... in the middle of a lesson at school. Infront of you is your teacher. Mad as always. She looks at you with those evil eyes.
-You just got urself 1 hour of detention!
Dooh! Not again! The teachers who was once so friendly and forgiving has now turned to the devil him self. Theres something wrong, it has to be.

After one hour of detetion you walk out of the classroom. When your just about to walk all the way home you realize that you forgot some of your bocks in the classroom. You rush back, wishing only to get home. Slide the door open softly, without a sound. There, infront of him, stands his teacher with her back facing him. Theres a bumbling sound coming from her mouth. The door makes a small noise and your teacher hears it. She turns around. Shes not looking at you with her normal blue eyes, not that soft mouth, not that perfect nose and hair. Her face has turned into a green mess, strange long,sharp teeth. Her tounge snaps like from a snake.

What do you do?

Well you pull up a minigun from out of your pocket, burst the shit of her and takes a deep breath. Time to kick some more teacher-alien ass :D

Haha I know the story is rather sick, and looks like much of the deeds done by pupils of schools in America. I dont want you to think I am like them. I would never do such a thing, or even thinking of doing such a horrible deed. I think we all morn those who lost their life.

Info:
Rpg based shooter.
Start out with 1 gun but eventually you pick up more.
After you kill some aliens you gain "points" so you can upgrade yourself (more ammo, more health, more accuracy) also you can choose to upgrade with a skill (shoot fireballs out of you hands (turns out ur a bit of an alien to xD) or turn water to ice)
After every level there is a boss.
Lots of different weapons.

Also I would love to make it Multiplayer
with either Split-screen or over different computers.

Ps. This is just my basic idea of the game. Will probably add more later on.

Btw: Whats the "best" version of Flash? Is it made in CS3 yet?
jaddorii
1337 p0st3r
1337 p0st3r

Postby BlekksPoncho on Tue Sep 25, 2007 4:45 pm

jaddorii wrote:Btw: Whats the "best" version of Flash? Is it made in CS3 yet?

Of course.

jaddorii wrote:She looks at you with those evil eyes.
Dooh! Not again! The teachers who was once so friendly and forgiving has now turned to the devil him self. Theres something wrong, it has to be.

Shemale?!?!!??!
-----------------------
I'm not drunk, I always eat plastic.
BlekksPoncho
Sir Post-a-lot
Sir Post-a-lot

Postby jaddorii on Tue Sep 25, 2007 5:11 pm

Well I meant "The devil-himself" u seen what i mean? As most figure the devil to be a man it would be strange to say "the devil herself"
jaddorii
1337 p0st3r
1337 p0st3r

Postby bomba on Wed Sep 26, 2007 12:12 am

well the devil is a woman in my books :P
bomba
Sir Post-a-lot
Sir Post-a-lot

Postby jaddorii on Wed Sep 26, 2007 5:04 pm

Yeah whateva.... PLEASE can anyone help me? I have Flash CS3 now btw :P
jaddorii
1337 p0st3r
1337 p0st3r

Postby punky on Wed Sep 26, 2007 6:39 pm

i worked a lot with flash 8 last year but i didnt code much , i only used some basic actionscript like :
on(press){
gotoAndPlay(2);
}

and thats kinda everything i knew about actionscript :(
punky
Veteran
Veteran

Postby jaddorii on Wed Sep 26, 2007 8:39 pm

Well I know that kind of actionscript so it wont help much :/ but thats anyway for telling me :)
jaddorii
1337 p0st3r
1337 p0st3r

Postby Garreett on Thu Sep 27, 2007 4:02 pm

jaddorii wrote:Hmm okey. U want Info? Well heres some story anyway:

You wake up ... in the middle of a lesson at school. Infront of you is your teacher. Mad as always. She looks at you with those evil eyes.

After one hour of detetion you walk out of the classroom. When your just about to walk all the way home you realize that you forgot some of your bocks in the classroom. You rush back, wishing only to get home. Slide the door open softly, without a sound. There, infront of him, stands his teacher with her back facing him. Theres a bumbling sound coming from her mouth. The door makes a small noise and your teacher hears it. She turns around. Shes not looking at you with her normal blue eyes, not that soft mouth, not that perfect nose and hair. Her face has turned into a green mess, strange long,sharp teeth. Her tounge snaps like from a snake.

What do you do?

Well you pull up a minigun from out of your pocket, burst the shit of her and takes a deep breath. Time to kick some more teacher-alien ass :D

Haha I know the story is rather sick, and looks like much of the deeds done by pupils of schools in America. I dont want you to think I am like them. I would never do such a thing, or even thinking of doing such a horrible deed. I think we all morn those who lost their life.

Info:
Rpg based shooter.
Start out with 1 gun but eventually you pick up more.
After you kill some aliens you gain "points" so you can upgrade yourself (more ammo, more health, more accuracy) also you can choose to upgrade with a skill (shoot fireballs out of you hands (turns out ur a bit of an alien to xD) or turn water to ice)
After every level there is a boss.
Lots of different weapons.

Also I would love to make it Multiplayer
with either Split-screen or over different computers.

Ps. This is just my basic idea of the game. Will probably add more later on.

Btw: Whats the "best" version of Flash? Is it made in CS3 yet?

TERRORIST TRAINING TOOL! BAN THIS SICK FILTH!

/Dailymailmodeoff.
Garreett

Postby BlekksPoncho on Thu Sep 27, 2007 5:02 pm

Ok first thing's first, are you coding in AS2 or AS3? I would guess AS2 as you were originally working with Flash 8, well what do you need doing, rather than asking and not learning just get learning form sites like http://www.actionscript.com etc.

It's the only way to learn, because what you are trying is quite complicated for a beginner, learn some beginner's coding fundementals and then start on something like a click-shoot game (kind of like an element of your game) like having an aimer and shooting something to kill it. Then the score goes up etc.

Don't jump in at the deep end, even if it seems more boring, I know from experience.
-----------------------
I'm not drunk, I always eat plastic.
BlekksPoncho
Sir Post-a-lot
Sir Post-a-lot

Postby jaddorii on Thu Sep 27, 2007 6:25 pm

Well i do know some beginners coding :) I decided to make the player move with the arrows (got it all coded) and then aim n' shoot with the mouse. I want some kinda "animation" for when the player shoots. I made 2 frames inside the crosshair, 1 for idle crosshair and 1 with some stuff behind it to make it look like ur shooting. I know you can do some kinda instance for another movie clip but ill just try it this way. So in the code i added:

if(Key.isDown(Key.CONTROL)) {
crosshair.gotoAndPlay(2);
}

Then inside the crosshair i coded the idle frame to stop(); so when the second frame is done it should go back to the first one and stop, but i cant seem to get it working :(
jaddorii
1337 p0st3r
1337 p0st3r

Return to Web Design & Development