Speed challenge idea

Comments & Suggestions about Interlopers.net

Speed challenge idea

Postby KillerInstinct on Mon Feb 18, 2008 8:02 am

Hey I saw the new speed challenges and it seemed to me like people could take well over 2 hours, or however much time you had, and get away with it. So I propose a new idea; Tell the community, this would be the 1 and only news post, what time the speed challenge was going to be released but don't say the topic. At that specified time post the challenge topic and then at 2 hours and maybe a couple minutes to post, close off the thread. Then you have a real timed challenge.
KillerInstinct

Re: Speed challenge idea

Postby Slutty_hoe on Mon Feb 18, 2008 8:16 am

KillerInstinct wrote:Hey I saw the new speed challenges and it seemed to me like people could take well over 2 hours, or however much time you had, and get away with it. So I propose a new idea; Tell the community, this would be the 1 and only news post, what time the speed challenge was going to be released but don't say the topic. At that specified time post the challenge topic and then at 2 hours and maybe a couple minutes to post, close off the thread. Then you have a real timed challenge.

the only problem to this is that everyone is in a different time zone so some people might really want to partake but would be asleep
You Can't Have Manslaughter Without Laughter

Slutty_hoe
May Contain Skills
May Contain Skills

Postby WizardExt on Mon Feb 18, 2008 9:07 am

If we are talking about the modelling speed thingy.. then I must say a couple of things.

Have it run for a couple of days. The 2 hour limit will still be there. We will have more people submitting since it's easier to find the time for it. I personally read the news about this speed contest a bit too late and didn't get to participate.
WizardExt
Regular
Regular

Postby BaRRaKID on Mon Feb 18, 2008 10:47 am

KillerInstinct wrote:Hey I saw the new speed challenges and it seemed to me like people could take well over 2 hours, or however much time you had, and get away with it. So I propose a new idea; Tell the community, this would be the 1 and only news post, what time the speed challenge was going to be released but don't say the topic. At that specified time post the challenge topic and then at 2 hours and maybe a couple minutes to post, close off the thread. Then you have a real timed challenge.

I've said this before, but I'll say again - It doesn't matter if you take more then 2 hours. The challenges should be used to develop your skills, if you take more then two hours, it's ok, but if you lie, you're just fooling yourself.
I hope that with time people will start to get better with 3d modeling and we can drop the time limit to one hour :)
I've no sign
BaRRaKID
Veteran
Veteran

Postby KillerInstinct on Mon Feb 18, 2008 7:46 pm

I just don't think its a good idea to let other people decide to be truthful or not because of the people who work there ass off for 2 hours and then somebody enters there masterpiece. Just my 2 cents.
KillerInstinct

Postby Blink on Mon Feb 18, 2008 10:05 pm

The person that works their arse off for two hours gains something, ie experience. There is nothing to win by cheating and experience modellers will spot a 20 hour job.
Blink
Cool 'n that
Cool 'n that

Postby Jest@ on Sun Feb 24, 2008 3:07 am

It makes no difference if you were 'beaten' by someone who took longer than you, since the results mean jack-all...we ain't got no prizes here...you still did good work and got better at modelling, possibly gained a portfolio piece, and lost nothing except a short chunk of time. It's almost impossible to find a single time that a) suits all our likely contestants' timezones and b) suits everyone's schedules. There's a wildly variable bunch of folk here - many in school, many in jobs, more than a few (like me) who work evenings and/or weekends, some who even have kids. Far better to let them pick their own time, and the only person who really loses if they take 4 hrs for a model, is them.
Highlight to read:
It was earth all along
Jest@
Veteran
Veteran

Return to Feedback Corner