map and model pimpage

Comments & Suggestions about Interlopers.net

map and model pimpage

Postby stoopdapoop on Wed May 28, 2008 3:21 pm

I was just thinking that the map and model pimpage threads would benefit from having something on the front page, nothing big but maybe showing a few thumbnails of some recent, or select posts. It seems like these threads get hit with small bursts of activity, and maybe their activity could be a bit more consistent if people's interests were piqued or they were reminded that these threads exist. I really like the idea of the pimpage threads, but I just think that it'd be cool if they had more visibility, I'm sure people have tons of floating work that they don't really put up anywhere and highlighting them, just a little would be great.
I'm Brown
stoopdapoop
Veteran
Veteran

Re: map and model pimpage

Postby Fearian on Wed May 28, 2008 3:45 pm

I think this sounds good. just above forum latest there could be a latest map thumbnail ro something that takes the last image posted in the map pimpage thread.
Fearian
May Contain Skills
May Contain Skills

Postby Elv02 on Wed May 28, 2008 5:04 pm

Nice idea. I definitly think that would be a great idea. You should pm Blink and see if it's doable.
"Hello, again, and welcome to the Interlopers Enrichment Center. Your account has been proccesed. Please proceed into 'section name, here' and we will start the test...
Elv02
Pheropod
Pheropod

Postby RawMeat3000 on Thu Jun 26, 2008 4:26 am

I know I'm a little late to the party, but I just wanted to drop in and say I agree with this. The only substantial things on the front page that really show what this website is all about are the outdated map spotlight, the latest tutorials, and the forums latest posts. The rest is news, covering everything except Interlopers.

Look at what happened to Speed Battle #8. Not one person even so much as commented in that thread. Not one. Had it been announced on the front page of Interlopers in big, bold letters things probably would have been different.
RawMeat3000
Modelling Challenges Moderator

Postby stoopdapoop on Thu Jun 26, 2008 4:50 am

probably would have been different? definitely would have been different. as soon as it got bumped off the front page's "most recent posts" section it was doomed and that only takes like 10 post. I don't think people just randomly check out the challenge boards unless they know there's activity.
I'm Brown
stoopdapoop
Veteran
Veteran

Postby Blink on Thu Jun 26, 2008 8:40 am

Jest@ made a global announcement for both the Speed Challenge and the Map Battle. You couldn't fail to know about it.

I'm not sure there is room to cram another box on the homepage..
Blink
Cool 'n that
Cool 'n that

Postby Mephasto on Thu Jun 26, 2008 8:44 am

could you move user panel below that home, tutorials panel and make it horizontal or something? then there would be more space, or then just remake rightmost bar wheres new topics so on top most important ones show constantly.
Mephasto
May Contain Skills
May Contain Skills

Postby stoopdapoop on Thu Jun 26, 2008 9:11 am

well this thread was created before his announcement, and it was really about the pimpage threads, but I guess we can't really remedy the space problem.
I'm Brown
stoopdapoop
Veteran
Veteran

Postby Blink on Thu Jun 26, 2008 9:16 am

I'll add it to my list of things to look at, got a few other things on there currently. :-)
Blink
Cool 'n that
Cool 'n that

Postby Grudge on Sun Jul 20, 2008 2:47 am

Just please don't cram the HP, it looks very hot right now. :smt004
Uhh... what cat?
Grudge
Pheropod
Pheropod

Return to Feedback Corner