Research and Development

Show off your finished maps, models and other creations. Screen shots are a must!

Re: Research and Development

Postby matt_b on Thu Jul 16, 2009 1:00 pm

Glad you're all enjoying it. I'm taking a look at the keypad/crosshair issue now - not sure why the crosshair is disappearing, but it's important to have it there for aiming at the buttons (which are unavoidably glitchy if you're not aiming directly at them). I suppose a quick hack would be to have a trigger_look/screen_overlay to make a fake dynamic crosshair (like a pointing finger) when you're looking at the pad...
matt_b
Regular
Regular

Postby Dr. Delta on Thu Jul 16, 2009 1:27 pm

It looks great. :D downloading right now.
Dr. Delta
Veteran
Veteran

Postby #1 Duck on Thu Jul 16, 2009 3:26 pm

This mod looks simply amazing. I'm downloading it now and will test it as soon as I can, looks great.
#1 Duck
Regular
Regular

Postby cypher543 on Thu Jul 16, 2009 4:59 pm

This is awesome! But, I'm stuck at the puzzle with the "dangerous structures" and the crane. I've been trying different things for the last 45 minutes and just can't figure out what to do. I know it's probably glaringly obvious, but I just don't see it. I can't even noclip, because I don't know where the hell I'm supposed to be going! lol
cypher543
1337 p0st3r
1337 p0st3r

Postby AndyMacK on Thu Jul 16, 2009 5:07 pm

Seriously fabulous. Very nice looking levels, the puzzles... :D We came out the other end of every single one feeling proud about how clever we were to have figured it out. Got a good laugh out of some bits too, always a plus.
AndyMacK
Pheropod
Pheropod

Postby whiffen on Thu Jul 16, 2009 6:45 pm

cypher543 wrote:This is awesome! But, I'm stuck at the puzzle with the "dangerous structures" and the crane. I've been trying different things for the last 45 minutes and just can't figure out what to do. I know it's probably glaringly obvious, but I just don't see it. I can't even noclip, because I don't know where the hell I'm supposed to be going! lol

The place where you walk into and there is the rotating crane in front?

Spoiler:
There is a button straight from the stairs which moves a concrete block with a target on it, then there is a hanging platform beside which can be swung back an fourth with your gravity gun. You will have to use the gravity gun to turn the cargo box on the crane so that its parallel with the platform so they don't bump into each other. Get the platform to hit the concrete block with the target which will in turn knock some other blocks over domino style and lowing a platform. Get past the electrical parts and you will then find yourself using another swinging platform to get across. Once across use take out the wood jamming the ladder and then jump onto the swinging platform, spin the cargo box so that you can jump inside and get the metal truss inside. Use this to then climb up the boxes underneath the crane and to knock the plug from the socket so you can cross. You will then find yourself on another swinging platform which you have to really get going so you can bust through the window.
whiffen
Sir Post-a-lot
Sir Post-a-lot

Postby spare8ball on Thu Jul 16, 2009 7:04 pm

very very very nice maps. they were tons of fun. i like how that zombie torso elevator puzzle worked out, i remember when you made the forum wondering how to get that to work.
spare8ball
Regular
Regular

Postby #1 Duck on Thu Jul 16, 2009 7:17 pm

Just finished playing it, it was simply amazing, although I died a fair few times figuring out what to do the puzzles were very well made and original! 9/10
#1 Duck
Regular
Regular

Postby cypher543 on Thu Jul 16, 2009 7:26 pm

The place where you walk into and there is the rotating crane in front?

Thanks for that! I just wasn't swinging it enough. :D

Anyway, now that I've finished it, I can easily say that this is the best mod I've ever played! The level design is incredible and the puzzles are extremely well done. The ending was really cool, as well!

Well done! :D
cypher543
1337 p0st3r
1337 p0st3r

Postby Biological-Bum on Thu Jul 16, 2009 8:10 pm

Went in expecting an awesome mod. Came out having just played one of the best mods of all time. Some (most, actually) of those puzzles were simply amazing. Great work! :smt023
A WIP Single Player Mod
Biological-Bum
Pheropod
Pheropod

Postby MaK on Thu Jul 16, 2009 9:05 pm

I sent you a PM. Great mod man, can we spotlight a mod? :D
MaK

Postby Armageddon on Thu Jul 16, 2009 9:07 pm

I just finished it and it was amazing! It has everything you can expect from the source engine. :D
Armageddon
Forum Goer Elite™
Forum Goer Elite™

Postby TheBlackKnight on Thu Jul 16, 2009 10:33 pm

Hmmm I'm stuck @ that keypad thing; Any hints on how to determine the correct combination?
TheBlackKnight

Postby #1 Duck on Thu Jul 16, 2009 10:53 pm

Break the pad ;)
#1 Duck
Regular
Regular

Postby Carbon14 on Fri Jul 17, 2009 4:46 am

if its the first one, break open the box to the left with a breeze block, figure out the combination and enter it (with extreme amounts of frustration). The only way I succeeded was to figure out screen positioning based on certain features being in certain spots on the screen while hitting random buttons, and once I figured out the weird angles my screen had to be at for each number, I then went about hitting them in order.

Overall this is absolutely amazing work, the puzzle's are really impressive and the mapping quality is exceptional, fantastic work I must say. I have no idea how you came up with them all!
Carbon14
Regular
Regular

PreviousNext

Return to Showcase