Portfolio revamped

Show off new creations, get help, or just chat about all aspects of web development and design.

Portfolio revamped

Postby Prototstar on Fri Jul 24, 2009 5:15 am

I made some significant changes to my portfolio. I want to know what you guys think. The Resume button is inactive but will become active when time is ripe.

Current site
http://www.prototstar.com - Version 5.0

Older version can be seen here.
http://www.prototstar.com/web4 - Version 4.0
BlackSector Mod
Ennui wrote:I'm presently cooking a bunch of tri-color rotini (the BEST kind of pasta) which in about 10 minutes I will slather in 1/4 stick of butter and cover with parmesan cheese and devour greedily and happily.
Prototstar
Regular
Regular

Re: Portfolio revamped

Postby 904 on Thu Jul 30, 2009 9:08 pm

Looks good, I'd drop the rock-ish texture background for a solid color though. It would make the actual content and banners stand out better.
Design Section Moderator

Postby FlynT on Thu Jul 30, 2009 9:59 pm

Yep looks good, pretty forward and straight on point. One small tip, integrate Google Analytics to manage your visits. It's easy to implement (no php or mysql needed) and provides some useful informations on how to optimize your site to get more page views.
*Ahhrr, my Nipples they Hurt, they Hurt when i twist them*
FlynT
Been Here A While
Been Here A While

Postby cypher543 on Wed Aug 12, 2009 9:22 pm

I love it! The rock texture is nice and definitely makes the site stand out. The only thing I would suggest is not embedding your text in the images. Why not just overlay a semi-transparent black DIV at the bottom of the portfolio images and put actual text in them? I would understand if you were using some interesting font or something, but the font looks like Verdana or Tahoma (not a typography expert, so can't tell for sure), which could be easily done with regular text. Plus I wouldn't have to wait for the images to load to know what they're about.
cypher543
1337 p0st3r
1337 p0st3r

Postby Armageddon on Wed Aug 12, 2009 10:17 pm

THose textures are nice. You ever going to release them?
Armageddon
Forum Goer Elite™
Forum Goer Elite™

Return to Web Design & Development