Websites with Photoshop

Show off new creations, get help, or just chat about all aspects of web development and design.

Re: Websites with Photoshop

Postby Surfa on Tue Oct 27, 2009 1:17 pm

Well you a bit slow to the party but you can also make it so that it outputs css and div tags although it is also most messy so I would normally just output images and do the html and css myself.
Surfa
May Contain Skills
May Contain Skills

Postby Cysticcraze on Tue Nov 10, 2009 10:32 pm

On the note of dreamweaver theres always the off-chance you would use expressions... rofl I cant believe I just said that. However at work I use it and it always crashes 0,o. Whatever, what im trying to say is if you have expressions I can help you with it if you wanna try it that way. whatevers easier.
Cysticcraze
Regular
Regular

Postby davidjoshua11 on Mon Feb 08, 2010 2:49 pm

The only downside of using photoshop in web designing are scripts. Unlike with the use of dreamweaver, graphics are well enhanced and script environment are already there. Some web designers even use dreamweaver and a little of photoshop to slice images, in short it depends on your forte. Multivariate Testing
Last edited by davidjoshua11 on Mon Feb 22, 2010 6:28 pm, edited 4 times in total.
davidjoshua11
Just Joined
Just Joined

Postby Zomgbie on Mon Feb 08, 2010 3:08 pm

abathor wrote:All you need to make a website is Photoshop and notepad++, and a copy of various web-browsers to check it works.

If all the graphics have been supplied and your html and css is up to scratch then technically you could make one in MS notepad.

Couldn't have said it better my self : D
Omg, zomgbie = Zomgbie
Zomgbie
Dumpling
Dumpling

Postby Psy on Mon Feb 08, 2010 7:32 pm

Notepad++ and Photoshop are the perfect couple.
Psy
Veteran
Veteran

Postby Zomgbie on Mon Feb 08, 2010 8:44 pm

I'd like to add VIM to the list aswell, for us suckers developing on unix machines D:
Omg, zomgbie = Zomgbie
Zomgbie
Dumpling
Dumpling

Postby YokaI on Mon Mar 15, 2010 11:49 am

delta_nl wrote:
This just makes tables with background images. Not (really) usable for decent websites.

It works for a make-shift portfolio. It doesn't really get the job done like CSS, but frankly I find coding websites annoying so I just use blog hosting methods.

/don't mind me.
YokaI
Forum Goer Elite™
Forum Goer Elite™

Postby ixin on Mon Mar 15, 2010 4:41 pm

Do not use this method, I used it, worked like a charm but there's a lot of issues like: A code somewhere gets messed up, the size of the imaging doesn't work anymore and causes tearing in your website making it look like shit, you can spend hours to fix it but there'll always be ONE tear that you can never fix unless you're willing to patch it up with something else.
ixin
Been Here A While
Been Here A While

Postby Echo51 on Tue Apr 20, 2010 9:58 am

abathor wrote:
mky wrote:^^^

Dreamweaver ftl.

All you need to make a website is Photoshop and notepad++, and a copy of various web-browsers to check it works.

If all the graphics have been supplied and your html and css is up to scratch then technically you could make one in MS notepad.

Actually, all you need is orginal windows notepad, i coded several things in it, and for images, create them in GD with PHP :D yeah, maybe bit hack, but photoshop is kinda a must have for images
Source is my way of life, if i didn't have it, i'd be tearing down walls and altering my house all the time.
"NEEDS MORE SPACE"
*creates 32kx32k brush for floor*
Echo51
Pheropod
Pheropod

Previous

Return to Web Design & Development