Iron Man 2

Films, albums, random internet videos.

Iron Man 2

Postby MayheM on Thu May 06, 2010 4:04 pm

Is anyone else stoked for this flick? I am going to the matinee on Saturday morning (I do not like lines) and I will report back, but I was just thinking about the movie so I figured I would start the thread now.
MayheM
Veteran
Veteran

Re: Iron Man 2

Postby Elv02 on Thu May 06, 2010 5:18 pm

I'll be going at some point, yea.

Should be awesome!
"Hello, again, and welcome to the Interlopers Enrichment Center. Your account has been proccesed. Please proceed into 'section name, here' and we will start the test...
Elv02
Pheropod
Pheropod

Postby no00dylan on Thu May 06, 2010 5:19 pm

I'm so excited I almost peed my pants.
no00dylan
Veteran
Veteran

Postby Major Banter on Thu May 06, 2010 5:23 pm

6/10.

It had so much potential but it never capitalised on the awesome. It wasn't shit at all, it just never quite hit the spot and that, for me, really brought it down.

There was also some majorly ridiculous scenes and far too much fucking screaming.

Lots of chatter and story, then insufficient badassery. Bit pissed off actually; Iron Man 1 had very intermittent action but it was mind-blowing epic. This just isn't, it's either distance CGI or a bit of boxing.

I demand further epic for Iron Man 3.
ImageImageImage
Major Banter
Veteran
Veteran

Postby ad_hominem on Thu May 06, 2010 7:18 pm

Yeah, it was underwhelming. 6/10 is my score too. MUST TRY HARDER.
ad_hominem
Monothetic
Monothetic

Postby Gary on Mon May 10, 2010 5:42 pm

Really, I greatly enjoyed the movie. I didn't think it had any "lack of" action, I thought it was a good amount of action scenes and they were quite awesome. Story was quite good as well. I really don't see anything really wrong with the movie.

Of course, any movie could always use more action, but this one didn't disappoint.

9.5/10
Highly recommended.

Of course this is just my take on it. Though my brother and father felt pretty much the same.
Have a question related to modding or something I posted? Something that needs staff attention? I haven't been active lately, but feel free to PM me or message me on Steam(link below)

Gary
Interlopers Staff
Interlopers Staff

Postby MayheM on Mon May 10, 2010 7:02 pm

I am with you Gary. I saw it over the weekend and really enjoyed the movie. Though I am normally not one to look at plot holes and whatnot when i am going to see a movie, so anything like that is overlooked. I can see why some people did not like it as much as the first, but it was a good movie.

I now have some ideas of things they may do with the Avengers movie. Some speculated the Hulk was going to be the bag guy in the Avengers movie. I now thing Ultron will be. It is totally speculation, but with what Fury says at the end of the movie about "iron man yes, Stark no..." I can see Tony making a self operated version of the Iron Man suit, IE Ultron. We will see, but after watching this movie I once again became excited about seeing the rest of what Marvel has in store for the fans.
MayheM
Veteran
Veteran

Postby no00dylan on Mon May 10, 2010 7:50 pm

I loved it, but as a friend pointed out to me, it did lack in action, or awesome sauce. The ending battle was one of the best action scenes until they fight whiplash, which was totally anti-climatic, I thought they would do the blasty/hand thing to get out of his grip, then awesome fight continues, but no, they do it and it kills em (not really kills, but you know what I mean.) I just loved the part where Tony's like "You see that?" and Roady's says "Yeah, pretty nice" It reminded me of all the cool things that happen in online games.

There was a bit too much chatter, but remember this film is a build up to the avengers movie, so don't worry, more epic is on its way.
no00dylan
Veteran
Veteran

Postby Major Banter on Mon May 10, 2010 8:48 pm

Anything with more Iron Man is badass.
ImageImageImage
Major Banter
Veteran
Veteran

Postby Painfuldeath on Mon May 10, 2010 9:20 pm

someone should make his house into a map..
Painfuldeath

Postby MayheM on Mon May 10, 2010 9:34 pm

Painfuldeath wrote:someone should make his house into a map..

Great idea!!! that would be sweet!
MayheM
Veteran
Veteran

Postby Chopium on Mon May 10, 2010 11:26 pm

It was an ok movie.
Chopium

Postby Terr on Tue May 11, 2010 9:40 pm

Pretty much as soon as it was brought up, I couldn't stop thinking that Stark's problem with
Highlight to read:
palladium poisoning was stupid. We know from the first movie that he doesn't need anything like that amount of power to run the electromagnet in his chest, and it's also clear that anybody can use one of those suits without having surgery.

So why the hell didn't he just use some batteries or a fuel-cell in his chest and put the huge powerful toxic power source into the armor where it can be safely used instead!?

There is absolutely no reason he needs to use the same device for both conflicting purposes.
Terr
Sir Post-a-lot
Sir Post-a-lot

Postby MayheM on Tue May 11, 2010 9:51 pm

Terr... You read entirely too much into things. I thought it was a good way to introduce the new suit...
MayheM
Veteran
Veteran

Postby Terr on Tue May 11, 2010 10:21 pm

I'm not "reading into" anything... I'm not even complaining about the Hollywood Movie Physics (because that'd be really predictable.)

I'm just pointing out that the movie isn't being consistent even within it's own framework.
Terr
Sir Post-a-lot
Sir Post-a-lot

Next

Return to Media