Shrink quotes?

Comments & Suggestions about Interlopers.net

Shrink quotes?

Postby dewkl on Tue Jul 20, 2010 7:55 am

It usually goes like this:
1. One person posts a series of images, 4x 800x600 pictures in a post.
2. Another person quotes the entire post with the 4 images and usually contributes with no more than a sentence
3. A post that shouldn't be more than a hundred pixels in height is now covering the entire page.

It's frustrating to continuously have to scroll down a page because some people can't use common sense when quoting. It probably limits the posts per page as well.

How about making quotes collapse if the content within is over 800px height? Or less? Giving it a sort of "spoiler expand"-function.
dewkl
Been Here A While
Been Here A While

Re: Shrink quotes?

Postby Gary on Tue Jul 20, 2010 8:13 am

I couldn't agree with you more!

Maybe some sort of system that scales images when they are quoted.

Or a function to hide quotes over a certain hight.(like you said)
Have a question related to modding or something I posted? Something that needs staff attention? I haven't been active lately, but feel free to PM me or message me on Steam(link below)

Gary
Interlopers Staff
Interlopers Staff

Postby Phott on Tue Jul 20, 2010 10:30 am

Yes!

*glares at source-maps*

Or maybe just make everyone NOT quote huge posts with images.
Phott
Veteran
Veteran

Postby coder0xff on Tue Jul 20, 2010 10:52 am

Or remove the ability of a quote to show an image at all if the image has already been shown in the same page. lol
coder0xff
Veteran
Veteran

Postby Noodles on Tue Jul 20, 2010 11:07 am

Is it that hard to delete image code? I mean, I do. Occasionally. But I'm like a sloth really, so yeah, anything to make life just that little easier by making Blink/Z@C's harder ;)
'English as tuppence, changing yet changeless as canal water, nestling in green nowhere, armoured and effete, bold flag-bearer, lotus-fed Miss Havershambling, opsimath and eremite, feudal, still reactionary Rawlinson End.'
Noodles
Pheropod
Pheropod

Postby Major Banter on Tue Jul 20, 2010 11:28 am

This is an enormous problem in Pimpage.

The quickest solution though would be to bitch at people who don't shrink quotes.
ImageImageImage
Major Banter
Veteran
Veteran

Postby dewkl on Tue Jul 20, 2010 3:04 pm

The best solution would be to convert the [IMG] to [URL] when inside a quote. It should be fairly easy.
dewkl
Been Here A While
Been Here A While

Postby MáØ on Tue Jul 20, 2010 4:06 pm

Aw, I thought this was going to be a thread about what your shrink has said to you x.x
MáØ
Pheropod
Pheropod

Postby Armageddon on Tue Jul 20, 2010 4:10 pm

Who needs a shrink? CRAZZEEYAZ! Anyways I have no problem with quoting images, at least it's not like Facepunch where, the longer your post the shorter the page.
Armageddon
Forum Goer Elite™
Forum Goer Elite™

Postby Noodles on Tue Jul 20, 2010 5:54 pm

Armageddon wrote:Who needs a shrink? CRAZZEEYAZ! Anyways I have no problem with quoting images, at least it's not like Facepunch where, the longer your post the shorter the page.

What? How is it shorter?

(quote me!)
'English as tuppence, changing yet changeless as canal water, nestling in green nowhere, armoured and effete, bold flag-bearer, lotus-fed Miss Havershambling, opsimath and eremite, feudal, still reactionary Rawlinson End.'
Noodles
Pheropod
Pheropod

Postby Armageddon on Tue Jul 20, 2010 6:42 pm

At facepunch they make you use this image thumb tag and if you don't you'll be banned, because the longer a post is the less posts will be on that page. Your post with a lot of images will be so large that it could over ride 2 posts. Not like here where you have 15 posts per page.
Armageddon
Forum Goer Elite™
Forum Goer Elite™

Postby joe_rogers_11155 on Tue Jul 20, 2010 6:52 pm

dewkl wrote:It usually goes like this:
1. One person posts a series of images, 4x 800x600 pictures in a post.
2. Another person quotes the entire post with the 4 images and usually contributes with no more than a sentence
3. A post that shouldn't be more than a hundred pixels in height is now covering the entire page.

It's frustrating to continuously have to scroll down a page because some people can't use common sense when quoting. It probably limits the posts per page as well.

How about making quotes collapse if the content within is over 800px height? Or less? Giving it a sort of "spoiler expand"-function.

Gary wrote:I couldn't agree with you more!

Maybe some sort of system that scales images when they are quoted.

Or a function to hide quotes over a certain hight.(like you said)

Phott wrote:Yes!

*glares at source-maps*

Or maybe just make everyone NOT quote huge posts with images.

coder0xff wrote:Or remove the ability of a quote to show an image at all if the image has already been shown in the same page. lol

Noodles wrote:Is it that hard to delete image code? I mean, I do. Occasionally. But I'm like a sloth really, so yeah, anything to make life just that little easier by making Blink/Z@C's harder ;)

Major Banter wrote:This is an enormous problem in Pimpage.

The quickest solution though would be to bitch at people who don't shrink quotes.

dewkl wrote:The best solution would be to convert the [IMG] to [URL] when inside a quote. It should be fairly easy.

MáØ wrote:Aw, I thought this was going to be a thread about what your shrink has said to you x.x

Armageddon wrote:Who needs a shrink? CRAZZEEYAZ! Anyways I have no problem with quoting images, at least it's not like Facepunch where, the longer your post the shorter the page.

Noodles wrote:

What? How is it shorter?

(quote me!)

Armageddon wrote:At facepunch they make you use this image thumb tag and if you don't you'll be banned, because the longer a post is the less posts will be on that page. Your post with a lot of images will be so large that it could over ride 2 posts. Not like here where you have 15 posts per page.

I think this is a good idea.

Oops!! I'm part of the problem. :jingle:
"Day breaks, but decay soon follows." - Ava Winona
Currently developing in radio silence... 99 Bolts
Here's another project of mine... Assault on Overwatch
Are you new to Source SDK? VDC
joe_rogers_11155
Veteran
Veteran

Postby source-maps on Tue Jul 20, 2010 7:01 pm

Phott wrote:Yes!

*glares at source-maps*

:D

*oh boy it sure is allot of work using my finger to scroll down the page*
source-maps
Forum Goer Elite™
Forum Goer Elite™

Postby cz_squishy on Tue Jul 20, 2010 7:17 pm

dewkl wrote:The best solution would be to convert the [IMG] to [URL] when inside a quote. It should be fairly easy.

Same
cz_squishy
Sir Post-a-lot
Sir Post-a-lot

Postby Gary on Tue Jul 20, 2010 8:22 pm

cz_squishy wrote:

Same

Actuality, this is a very good idea.
Have a question related to modding or something I posted? Something that needs staff attention? I haven't been active lately, but feel free to PM me or message me on Steam(link below)

Gary
Interlopers Staff
Interlopers Staff

Next

Return to Feedback Corner