New Vasko the Pig album for free

Films, albums, random internet videos.

New Vasko the Pig album for free

Postby vasko on Wed May 26, 2010 10:33 pm

Hey 'lopers, I'm back to spam some music again, solo stuff this time ;)

"Vasko's fourth release on Fwonk* sees a him take another step towards realising the perfect marriage of noise and melody. Having spent the last two years further honing his wall-of-sound production we are presented with the most well rounded release from him yet. Never easily pigeonholed, this rather schizophrenic release might fall under such banners as Industrial Breackcore, Bitcrush Torture, Ambience, Indie and perhaps Dot-Matrix Choral. The best bet is to download it and make up your own mind!"

My shiney new album to donwload for free @ Fwonk*

Pulling together the best stuff I've done over the last two years or so.
Think along the lines of a garage band made up of Ministry, Fatboy Slim and The Future Sound of London...
I reckon it's like musical Marmite, download, consume, see if you're a lover or a hater!
"They mostly come out at night, mostly"
vasko
Been Here A While
Been Here A While

Re: New Vasko the Pig album for free

Postby nub on Sat Jun 19, 2010 11:04 pm

This is great work man. I'm really diggin it.
nub
Veteran
Veteran

Postby joe_rogers_11155 on Sun Jun 20, 2010 3:13 am

I like some songs from this album as well as a few from Seven Days of Silence. Are we cleared to use them in mods? We could credit you and advertise :)
"Day breaks, but decay soon follows." - Ava Winona
Currently developing in radio silence... 99 Bolts
Here's another project of mine... Assault on Overwatch
Are you new to Source SDK? VDC
joe_rogers_11155
Veteran
Veteran

Postby vasko on Sun Jun 20, 2010 7:16 am

Cheers guys, the kind words are appretiated.

And yeah, go for it Joe, just give me an e-mail to let me know if anything gets used, then I get shout about the mod too ;)

mark_wallbridge@hotmail.com
vasko
Been Here A While
Been Here A While

Postby Mr. Happy on Thu Jul 22, 2010 12:56 am

Hey I've been meaning to dig into Fwonk*'s releases for a long time now, and your stuff is there! Definitely gonna check it out now.

EDIT: interesting stuff, not my typical cup of tea but I can enjoy this in the right mindset. Much better than other noise :smt023

vasko's fourth release on fwonk* sees a him take another step towards realising the perfect marriage of noise and melody. having spent the last two years further honing his wall-of-sound production we are presented with the most well rounded release from him yet. never easily pigeonholed, this rather schizophrenic release might fall under such banners as industrial breackcore, bitcrush torture, ambience, indie and perhaps dot-matrix choral. the best bet is to download it and make up your own mind!

Do these actually mean anything :P
-You've just been happified!?
Mr. Happy
Forum Goer Elite™
Forum Goer Elite™

Postby vasko on Thu Jul 22, 2010 9:10 am

Cheers for listening mate.
Yeah Fwonk* is building up quite a catalogue now, we're working on a bumper pack of goodies for our 50th release, should be awsome!

As to Bitcrush-Torture and Dot-Matrix Choral.. I've always found it funny how new pigeon holes are created by the media, they have to have a name for things, things must be labeled. Just though I'd make up some of my own labels!

Bitcrushing is a fave of mine, you can make stuff sound like a Optimus Prime clearing his throat or perhaps having an orgasm... Bufferoverride is the best VST for this.

Dot-Matrix Choral is just after the fact facty that one of the tunes at one point sound exactly like the old dot-matrix printers you used to get. Simples!
vasko
Been Here A While
Been Here A While

Postby Major Banter on Thu Jul 22, 2010 9:23 am

What sorta grates for me is that Inkrakture had, at its core, some epic tunes.

Some of the songs are awesome, but never really get going. I understand the experimental nature, but it feels like epic buildup to more of the same fucked-upness. Only REC has cohesive awesome - the rest are not so much a mish-mash - they're not random or thrown together - but they lack a core element that enables you to enjoy some beats.

I dunno; maybe I'm being a typical DnB fan but I think your style could benefit from less random, more tune.
ImageImageImage
Major Banter
Veteran
Veteran

Postby vasko on Thu Jul 22, 2010 9:48 am

Thanks for the critisism Major.

I do tend to get one simple melodic element and then layer and layer and layer the noise, you're bang on there.
I'm doing a little side project atm where I'm putting a self imposed limit on the number of elemnts I can use to try and force myself to concentrate a little more on the melody, less on just the wall of sound.
I'm trying a band style set-up, drums, one bass line and two/three sytnh lines and that's it. Hopefully that'll help me learn some techniques I can bring back to the Vasko stuff.

I think with Inkraktare, Dean's influence is what you're hearing. Although he likes screwing with sound and making a mess he's also got a natural ear for melody. And yeah, it shows.
vasko
Been Here A While
Been Here A While

Postby Mr. Happy on Sat Jul 24, 2010 3:45 am

LOL so true about new genres, labels, and pigeonholes. My favorite genre right now is organic mid-tempo dubadellic psybient trance fusion

Honestly one thing that is missing is melody! For me the music is a little to bitcrush TORTURING! A little too noisy where sounds get completely lost and the complexity of the mixing and musing is no longer apparent. If I wear you I would try to tone down the 'production' a bit in the future, I feel like one of your songs could be ten songs if you seperated out a few layers and slowed it down a bit!
-You've just been happified!?
Mr. Happy
Forum Goer Elite™
Forum Goer Elite™

Return to Media