The Interlopers Package V.2

Chat about various topics.

Re: The Interlopers Package V.2

Postby coder0xff on Sat Jul 31, 2010 5:18 am

This project has actually damaged my view of this community.
coder0xff
Veteran
Veteran

Postby Dionysos on Mon Aug 02, 2010 12:03 am

Has olillo received my hammer yet?

Edit: apparently he has :smt114
The Venus Project wrote:The most valuable, untapped resource today is human ingenuity.
Dionysos

Postby Major Banter on Mon Aug 02, 2010 12:10 am

I've got a friend who says that TwoVideoCards has a habit of...uh...disappearing. For around a month, usually.

As for my Hammer; epic weather problems. Seriously; fucking lashing it down. However, it's stopped now and I've got a busy week, allowing me to take pictures in interesting places. Apologies for having to send it a week later than expected (should be gone by Friday the 7th) but I think it'll be worth it. UK Hammer hasn't got many to go anyhow.

coder0xff wrote:This project has actually damaged my view of this community.

What, because they can't write an address, or most of them are lazy cunts who can-

Ok. Yeah. It's damaged my view of some individuals, but certainly not the community.
ImageImageImage
Major Banter
Veteran
Veteran

Postby ad_hominem on Mon Aug 02, 2010 12:19 am

Oh shit, forgot to mention. Whoever is going to send it on to TheNotSoNinja, you needn't bother, as he got a picture with the hammer when we has over mine while I had it.
ad_hominem
Monothetic
Monothetic

Postby Jike on Mon Aug 02, 2010 7:51 am

more good news! at least a bit.

1447, I really thank you for the effort you put into this, I believe its a great project, but it should have worked well from day one, instead of bringing so many problems with itself :D

I cant wait for my hammer, can you post the link to the google maps page again?

:3
-Jike
Jike
1337 p0st3r
1337 p0st3r

Postby Blink on Mon Aug 02, 2010 8:00 am

Jike wrote: can you post the link to the google maps page again?

I believe it's on the first page of this thread.
Blink
Cool 'n that
Cool 'n that

Postby coder0xff on Mon Aug 02, 2010 5:53 pm

Major Banter wrote:I've got a friend who says that TwoVideoCards has a habit of...uh...disappearing. For around a month, usually.

As for my Hammer; epic weather problems. Seriously; fucking lashing it down. However, it's stopped now and I've got a busy week, allowing me to take pictures in interesting places. Apologies for having to send it a week later than expected (should be gone by Friday the 7th) but I think it'll be worth it. UK Hammer hasn't got many to go anyhow.

coder0xff wrote:This project has actually damaged my view of this community.

What, because they can't write an address, or most of them are lazy cunts who can-

Ok. Yeah. It's damaged my view of some individuals, but certainly not the community.

I believe the trend will continue. And while it can't legitimately represent the whole community, it does represent the portion of the community that would participate in the package.
coder0xff
Veteran
Veteran

Postby Penney on Tue Aug 03, 2010 1:05 am

I feel bad and am sorry for keeping my hammer a little longer then planned, I'm going shooting with the sucker tomorrow down by the waterfront, it should be a good time! I'll be sending it further down the line Wednesday of this week, I just hope davidc538 is still expecting :)

EDIT: Ok well it looks like it's going to rain, disappointing. As long as tomorrows clear it'le get sent off Wednesday, if not it might not be till Thursday/Friday. I'm also very poor and have to budget what monies I have in my pocket very carefully so I don't starve and fade away.
Penney

Postby 1447 on Tue Aug 03, 2010 10:08 pm

ad_hominem wrote:Oh shit, forgot to mention. Whoever is going to send it on to TheNotSoNinja, you needn't bother, as he got a picture with the hammer when we has over mine while I had it.

Does theNSN agree? I mean, did he say it was okay by him if we skipped him? Because it would suck if he sat around and waited for the hammer to arrive, while we're deciding he doesn't have to receive it after all. Besides, the whole point of this project is to take pictures of yourself and the place where you live, whether the picture was taken on the top of a mountain overlooking your entire city, or in your basement. No one is interested in seeing me rocking with the hammer at the top of Empire State Building, when I actually live in a Norwegian city of some 50,000 people. If he didn't specifically say that we should skip him, he's getting the hammer.

Blink wrote:
Jike wrote: can you post the link to the google maps page again?

I believe it's on the first page of this thread.

Indeed it is, but just because I'm such an awesome guy, here you go: Clicky.
Veteran
Veteran

Postby ad_hominem on Tue Aug 03, 2010 10:24 pm

1447 wrote:
ad_hominem wrote:Oh shit, forgot to mention. Whoever is going to send it on to TheNotSoNinja, you needn't bother, as he got a picture with the hammer when we has over mine while I had it.

Does theNSN agree? I mean, did he say it was okay by him if we skipped him? Because it would suck if he sat around and waited for the hammer to arrive, while we're deciding he doesn't have to receive it after all. Besides, the whole point of this project is to take pictures of yourself and the place where you live, whether the picture was taken on the top of a mountain overlooking your entire city, or in your basement. No one is interested in seeing me rocking with the hammer at the top of Empire State Building, when I actually live in a Norwegian city of some 50,000 people. If he didn't specifically say that we should skip him, he's getting the hammer.

He did specifically say that, and he lives pretty much in the same place as me. He asked me to tell you to skip him.
ad_hominem
Monothetic
Monothetic

Postby Blink on Tue Aug 03, 2010 10:59 pm

I find it quite remarkable that rain and storms stop so many people sending the package. You guys must have awful postal service.
Blink
Cool 'n that
Cool 'n that

Postby Jike on Tue Aug 03, 2010 11:15 pm

or aweful weather forecast...

:3
-Jike
Jike
1337 p0st3r
1337 p0st3r

Postby coder0xff on Wed Aug 04, 2010 12:41 am

I think next time (like that'll happen), only people who are self-sufficient can participate. Sorry kiddies, but if you can't drive, you have no control over when you get to the UPS store.
coder0xff
Veteran
Veteran

Postby MayheM on Wed Aug 04, 2010 1:34 am

Blink wrote:I find it quite remarkable that rain and storms stop so many people sending the package. You guys must have awful postal service.

Well here in the US we do... even though their motto actually is

"We are mothers and fathers. And sons and daughters. Who every day go about our lives with duty, honor and pride. And neither snow, nor rain, nor heat, nor gloom of night, nor the winds of change, nor a nation challenged, will stay us from the swift completion of our appointed rounds. Ever."

So while packages should arrive ricky tick, they normally arrive late. Not to mention the tracking for packages is a joke. I have received a package in the past and the tracking updated a day later all at once from "this package has not been picked up yet" to "delivered" and every process along the way.

All that aside, I am still waiting for the package to get to me. I for one will be sending it UPS...
MayheM
Veteran
Veteran

Postby 1447 on Wed Aug 04, 2010 1:48 am

ad_hominem wrote:
1447 wrote:

He did specifically say that, and he lives pretty much in the same place as me. He asked me to tell you to skip him.

Okay then, I'll PM Noodles and tell him the address to his new recipient. By the way, you haven't sent me your pictures, I'd be happy if you'd do that soon. When you do, remember to tell me who theNSN are on the pictures, as I don't know how either of you look like.

Blink wrote:I find it quite remarkable that rain and storms stop so many people sending the package. You guys must have awful postal service.

I think the rain is keeping them from taking their pictures, not sending the Package. In any case, bad weather is a valid excuse if you ask me. It's better than "Oh fuck, I have been on vacation in Polynesia for the last two months, I didn't even know the Package was sent to where I used to live five years ago. SORRY BOUT THAT."
Veteran
Veteran

PreviousNext

Return to General Discussion