North Korea

Chat about serious topics and issues. Any flaming/de-railing will be deleted.

Re: North Korea

Postby joe_dirt976 on Mon Mar 07, 2011 10:36 am

umm ok. Quite the rant there, but what does that have to do with NoKo?
Major Banter wrote:Joe Dirt. Also known locally in Interlopers as "Hammer Machine"
joe_dirt976
Sir Post-a-lot
Sir Post-a-lot

Postby Dr. Delta on Mon Mar 07, 2011 11:30 am

I didn't know they split the community in Kentucky in a northern and southern part?
Dr. Delta
Veteran
Veteran

Postby Gary on Mon Mar 07, 2011 8:45 pm

joe_dirt976 wrote:umm ok. Quite the rant there, but what does that have to do with NoKo?

Agreed. Please get back on subject people.
Have a question related to modding or something I posted? Something that needs staff attention? I haven't been active lately, but feel free to PM me or message me on Steam(link below)

Gary
Interlopers Staff
Interlopers Staff

Postby poisonic on Mon Mar 07, 2011 10:31 pm

yeah i piece out lol
[img:400]http://mypsn.eu.playstation.com/psn/profile/poisonic.png[/img]
poisonic
Pheropod
Pheropod

Postby MayheM on Mon Mar 07, 2011 11:58 pm

@ poisonic

I got three sentences in and stopped reading. That is not even close to cool that you will laugh hard when Innocent people are killed. So not cool.

Simple fact is people hate us for getting involved but we are the first country they ask for help from when they need help. An earthquake hits, the American people give more money to help than all other countries combined. I see you left that tid bit of info out. I for one, think we need to step back and let everyone deal with their own problems. Stop sending money to other countries trying to help and buy friends. We should pull our troops back home, close all the bases around the world and protect the hell out of our own country.

Regardless of whether we are right or wrong, i am proud to live in a country that people want to live in. There are people who risk death to live in America. I LOVE my country! Even though I disagree with our President on how he is running things. I disagreed with Bush too. I am sure most of you feel strongly about where you are from. But talking trash about countries and those who live in them; those whom you don't know is simply ignorant. Watching a movie does not make you an expert on what it is like to live here. Reading one sided stories does not help you learn about life here. There are plenty of people all over the world who don't like black people. There are plenty of other places in the world who treat people who are different like second class citizens. That has been going on since the beginning of time. America does not hold the patent on stupidity as you are apparently trying to say. There are stupid people everywhere, they are all colors, have many different beliefs and speak many different languages.

The next time you want to rant about something you don't know... Don't!

Side note... The first slave owner in the USA was black. So whites don't hold the patent on slavery either... Thoguh you can ask the Jews about that one too...

(sorry to sidetrack the thread again, I could not let that one go)
MayheM
Veteran
Veteran

Postby Gary on Tue Mar 08, 2011 2:09 am

Thank you MayheM, couldn't of said it better myself.

But please people, back on topic.
Have a question related to modding or something I posted? Something that needs staff attention? I haven't been active lately, but feel free to PM me or message me on Steam(link below)

Gary
Interlopers Staff
Interlopers Staff

Postby kkirspel on Fri Mar 18, 2011 6:18 pm

poisonic wrote:well that does not count for me then........

Well hey, you're right - since I was talking about North Americans and all... ¬_¬

poisonic wrote:laugh hard but i will even laught harder(...)

I was laughing at the delivery of your opinion (it being overly brash/insulting), not the opinion itself.

Though MayhaM, marry me... or at least get me out of the South. You summed it up rather nicely.

I disagree with a lot of what our country does as well. Troops needing to gtfo, government needing to stop spending more than me make, etc. But to come across like everyone in the USA is how you (poisonic) described... well that just proves you are as mislead as you claim us to be.

There are plenty of rational, sane people here - I just think we're outnumbered and the population that would usually swing us to the majority is listening/believing everything the politicians/news tells them. That doesn't make us inherited evil though.

Case in point, its not a secret that the Republican party favors big business/little government. Yet, the "red" southern states continuously vote them into office, where they then push their policies that tend to benefit higher income individuals (companies are considered "individuals" as well). Its also no secret most of the people voting in these states (in all states) are middle- to low-class citizens and aren't really making bank like the upper class is.

And yet this still happens in part b/c right now these states mostly focus on the social (gay rights) and domestic (illegal aliens) positions of the parties, rather than economic policies that really should be the key focus at the moment. There is a method to the madness; they're not just being completely dumb (though they aren't always smart about things either).

Of course, this isn't the sole source of our problems, but just an example.

And yes, this is further putting the thread off-topic, but I couldn't/wouldn't let that go either...

So, how about that North Korea?
The inspiration as to why I'm here: Adam Foster; Minerva. Great job man.
kkirspel
Pheropod
Pheropod

Postby zombie@computer on Fri Mar 18, 2011 6:41 pm

North Korea isn't an issue anymore. USA found out Libia has more oil :wink:
When you are up to your neck in shit, keep your head up high
zombie@computer
Forum Goer Elite™
Forum Goer Elite™

Postby kkirspel on Fri Mar 18, 2011 7:06 pm

Wha...?! Where?? :jingle:
*looks around greedily*
*a stream of drool starts to form*

Oh over there? Well there's also a huge deposit of Islamic rage in that area, so we're being as discreet as possible 8)

(credit to Jon Stewart)
kkirspel
Pheropod
Pheropod

Postby MayheM on Fri Mar 18, 2011 9:05 pm

KKirspel, I may live in San Francisco... but I don't swing that way. :D And Ironically, I want to move back to the South. Mainly to get closer to family.

I am actually surprised that the game Homefront has not entered into the topic here. I have wondered how other countries would view this game since it has painted the USA as the victim.

Also @ Zombie, I find it funny that the UN called for a no fly zone, causing Gadhafi to call for a cease fire thus causing Obama to grow a pair and tell Gadhafi to stop or face military action. He was a little late on that response, (justified or not) but hey at least he got his brackets in. Is it me or is our leader an idiot?

For those who do not know "brackets" refer to the annual college basketball tournament commonly refereed to as "March Madness"
MayheM
Veteran
Veteran

Postby Simpletool on Sat Mar 19, 2011 6:43 pm

For those who do not know "brackets" refer to the annual college basketball tournament commonly refereed to as "March Madness"

I'm not going to argue the merits of your opinion towards the current administration, but this is quote is just dumb. He used the beginning portion of the bracket picks to ask Americans to donate toward Japanese disaster relief charities.

http://www.npr.org/blogs/itsallpolitics ... ple-crises

And let's not pretend like he's the first president to take some time out of his schedule to engage in his favorite sport/activity.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Z3p9y_OEAdc
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VTkUeb6zQFA

If you really feel the need to take shots at the administration there exist way more legitimate reasons to do so.
Simpletool
Regular
Regular

Postby kkirspel on Wed Mar 23, 2011 8:50 pm

MayheM wrote:Is it me or have our leaders been idiots?

fixed

MayheM wrote:He was a little late on that response, (justified or not) but hey at least he got his brackets in

I see what you did thar.
buut...
Simpletool wrote:I'm not going to argue the merits of your opinion towards the current administration, but this is quote is just dumb. He used the beginning portion of the bracket picks to ask Americans to donate toward Japanese disaster relief charities.
(...)
And let's not pretend like he's the first president to take some time out of his schedule to engage in his favorite sport/activity.
(...)
If you really feel the need to take shots at the administration there exist way more legitimate reasons to do so

...he's completely right. Its too often people take shots at the president for things that do not effect the way he/she(one day) legitimately governs. They are still people mind you.
That goes for any president in recent years; back in the day, Kennedy slept around and it wasn't criticized. And he got us to the moon.
...Now if you had just let Clinton get off once or twice in peace, we could be on Mars by now.
kkirspel
Pheropod
Pheropod

Postby MayheM on Wed Mar 23, 2011 11:16 pm

Actually I agree with that correction... They have all been tool bags for a while, though I stand by my statement that Obama is no different.

As for the rest of it, I stand firm on my opinion that it is inappropriate for him to be doing that shit in public and making a big deal about it while there are major issues that need his attention around the world and in this country. I am not saying he should not take part in that stuff, I just think his advisers should have told him to mail in his brackets and not be public about it. Public perception is important, and taking time to film his selections while there are decisions to be made that effect a lot of people just comes across, whether it is or not, it comes across as though he tried to put off making hard decisions. I honestly am bothered by the fact that people wear Obama t-shirts and see him as more than he is. The simple fact of the matter is, like you said he is just a man. The things he does in his personal life matter nothing to the American people, so why televise it? If he wishes to comment on Japan, and ask the American people to help he need but ask for some airtime and every network will cancel their shows an put him on the air.

As for the adultery stuff, i honestly think that is a bad example. I see politicians cheat on the woman, or men that love and find it sickening. If they are single and sleep around it is totally different, but if you betray the people closest to you imagine what they will do to the American people. It is the complacent attitude we as a society have developed towards or elected officials which has allowed them to "F" our country up.

But all this is WAY off topic.
MayheM
Veteran
Veteran

Postby kkirspel on Thu Mar 24, 2011 6:55 am

I'm not into march madness much and I didn't here about this on the news, so my bad. If you went out of his way to put it on the air, then yeah... wtf?

As to the adultery stuff, I leave with saying there are always shades of gray. Its almost never black and white like that.

Now onwards to North Korea stuff!
To get the ball rolling, I was watching something on the history channel about the Vietnam War - I never really knew we lost that one... O.o
kkirspel
Pheropod
Pheropod

Postby Unreal_Me on Thu Mar 24, 2011 7:50 am

Jumping off the rail to politics for a second.
See, at least in the US you (generally) have a side to root for.
In Canada, we have 4 major parties to chose from, and they're all terrible.

And now back to the feature presentation, sort of
Despite any political ties China and North Korea share, I somehow doubt that China will back NK if they start a war with the US. As far as I know, China's economy is exploding like a fireball. They're in far too comfortable to fight such a powerful country.

Not only that, but Isn't this similar to how WW1 started with Austria and Germany? A powerful nation backs up some weak little shit-talker and suddenly the whole world is split into opposing factions.

And yeah, the Vietnam war was a 20 year long waste of time and lives in some. It's supposedly the biggest reason the US hasn't pulled out of the middle east. They don't want to have spent another giant chunk of time fucking around in a country, only to have it crumble back to square one or worse. And there's a whole another rant about how poorly they did this, and I'm sure we could all fill several pages discussing the middle eastern conflict, right from the creation of Israel.
Unreal_Me
Regular
Regular

PreviousNext

Return to Serious Discussion