Serious theory (SDK)

Chat about serious topics and issues. Any flaming/de-railing will be deleted.

Serious theory (SDK)

Postby JustGam3r on Mon Oct 11, 2010 2:11 am

I was thinking the way Valve updated the client, they will eventually or at any point will splash New SDK. New looks, more features and updates hammer. Thats what we all want. I guess facemaker is important too. My worst nightmare is that I cant create 2009 mod, which is for CSS. :( Thats what matters to me at most. Share your thoughts. Cheers
JustGam3r

Re: Serious theory (SDK)

Postby Chopium on Sun Nov 21, 2010 2:00 am

Do with what we get or move on to another modding engine. That's pretty much all we have to choose from. Nothing good comes from expecting anything from Valve.
Chopium

Postby Gary on Sun Nov 21, 2010 2:13 am

It's not a bad theory, but like Chop says, don't get your hopes up when depending on Valve. I'll believe it when I see it.
Have a question related to modding or something I posted? Something that needs staff attention? I haven't been active lately, but feel free to PM me or message me on Steam(link below)

Gary
Interlopers Staff
Interlopers Staff

Postby DrFeelGood on Sun Nov 21, 2010 2:42 am

I'm with Gary, I'll believe it when I see it....
DrFeelGood
Regular
Regular

Postby Spike on Sun Nov 21, 2010 3:16 am

I have already moved to UDK. Tools are awesome, the editor and the engine is far better than Source.
Spike
May Contain Skills
May Contain Skills

Postby darkpivot on Sun Nov 21, 2010 3:20 am

Agreed with Gary and DrFeelGood. That would be great though. There are plenty of well needed updated for Source SDK as everybody knows.
darkpivot
Pheropod
Pheropod

Postby keldorn on Sun Nov 21, 2010 1:13 pm

I think if valve has a downfall in the future in the game market it will be their ability hiring talented programmers that want to take their technology forward. CL tools and compiling to see a light is crime in this day in age.
keldorn
Regular
Regular

Postby source-maps on Mon Aug 08, 2011 3:14 pm

I believe we will get a new awesome .... AUTHORING TOOL.... to completely modify their game and add much more revenue to it.. oh wait

screw you valve
source-maps
Forum Goer Elite™
Forum Goer Elite™

Postby joe_rogers_11155 on Mon Aug 08, 2011 3:34 pm

I cant wait for those half-life 2: episode 3 authoring tools so i can make new and exciting levels using the originally included content and nothing more.

actually, once i get my new rig i am switching over to udk and commiting myself to learning modeling. which one should i learn first, guys: maya or 3ds max?
"Day breaks, but decay soon follows." - Ava Winona
Currently developing in radio silence... 99 Bolts
Here's another project of mine... Assault on Overwatch
Are you new to Source SDK? VDC
joe_rogers_11155
Veteran
Veteran

Postby darkpivot on Mon Aug 08, 2011 3:54 pm

joe_rogers_11155 wrote:I cant wait for those half-life 2: episode 3 authoring tools so i can make new and exciting levels using the originally included content and nothing more.

actually, once i get my new rig i am switching over to udk and commiting myself to learning modeling. which one should i learn first, guys: maya or 3ds max?

If you do 3DS Max maybe we could learn together, I want to go to UDK and learn modeling as well.
darkpivot
Pheropod
Pheropod

Postby nub on Mon Aug 08, 2011 6:19 pm

I also really want to learn how to use UDK. I've been wanting to hop on to UE3 for a long time now. I don't hate Source modding, but something positive needs to happen to the SDK...and soon.
nub
Veteran
Veteran

Postby darkpivot on Mon Aug 08, 2011 7:38 pm

nub wrote:I also really want to learn how to use UDK. I've been wanting to hop on to UE3 for a long time now. I don't hate Source modding, but something positive needs to happen to the SDK...and soon.

I can definitely tell you that I hate it in its current state.
darkpivot
Pheropod
Pheropod

Postby Surfa on Mon Aug 08, 2011 7:47 pm

Umm this has got me wonder if people would be interested in a lets learn together thread of sorts were challenges are set for a small week long project to help everyone learn together. Doesn't have to be just the udk either could be programming/modelling or whatever. Anyone Interested in that sort of thing?
Surfa
May Contain Skills
May Contain Skills

Postby darkpivot on Mon Aug 08, 2011 7:54 pm

Surfa wrote:Umm this has got me wonder if people would be interested in a lets learn together thread of sorts were challenges are set for a small week long project to help everyone learn together. Doesn't have to be just the udk either could be programming/modelling or whatever. Anyone Interested in that sort of thing?

That sounds awesome! I'd be up for it. I know other communities that do the same sort of thing with writing/art and it worked out well.
darkpivot
Pheropod
Pheropod

Postby Gary on Mon Aug 08, 2011 8:23 pm

How about we do that with the UDK, as people(including myself) seem to be learning that right now.
Have a question related to modding or something I posted? Something that needs staff attention? I haven't been active lately, but feel free to PM me or message me on Steam(link below)

Gary
Interlopers Staff
Interlopers Staff

Next

Return to Serious Discussion