[CSS/HL2DM] Nuketown Demo

Show off your finished maps, models and other creations. Screen shots are a must!

[CSS/HL2DM] Nuketown Demo

Postby Captain Terror on Tue Jun 14, 2011 9:31 pm

MORE SCREENS
Image Image Image
Image Image Image
Image Image Image
Image Image Image

INTRO
I decided to make this map for counter-strike: source after watching my friends play COD BLOPS on 360. It's made almost entirely from google images, since I DO NOT own the game myself(I DID play it during the free BLOPS weekend preview on steam recently!). =P

I realize remaking an existing game is frowned upon at best, but i have go map where my inspiration takes me, unfortunately. If nothing else, this was an AMAZING learning experience in my introduction/transition to Source mapping.

The map is set up as an AIM, with AKs on the T side and Colts on the CT side, and would probably be most fun played as CSSTDM, but i'm willing to port to whatever.

Also included is an HL2DM version of the map. It's pretty much a straight port from the css map, and consequently, it needs LOTS of work.

Thanks for checking this out! = )
CT

DIRECT DOWNLOAD
FULL README (best viewed in notepad)

THANKS!
valvE for making so easy for us to mod their games!
Original BLOPS designers and Score by Sean Murray
Models from Garry's mod
Mapping sites: Interlopers, TWHL, Cstrike Planet, Waffle tutorials, and more!
Full credits in the readme.

NOTE
If you'd like to put this map on a server, i'm willing to make ANY CHANGES to the map to suit your needs, and/or PORT to whatever gametype you would like.

CONTACT
Gmail: captain0terror@gmail.com
Steam: captain0terror@gmail.com
Send PM
Captain Terror
Regular
Regular

Re: [CSS/HL2DM] Nuketown Demo

Postby Naticus on Thu Aug 25, 2011 3:15 pm

I have never played Black Ops and had no knowledge of Nuketown prior to this map. What I will say that is map was very well crafted and there are some things in the map that are very surprising!

I encourage all of you to give it a go and hit up the ammo chests. These chests transfer the player to machine gun stations. One is from a helicopter above the level and the other is from a vehicle on the road. I still don’t know how Cpt. Terror was able to work this out. I would like to attempt a similar technique for a level I am currently working.

Also very unique in this level are the cut scenes. I don’t want to give too much away but if the player reaches a particular point in the level, are really cool cut scene comes in and concludes that round of play. This is also something I did not know you could do in a standard CS:S level. I would like to know much more about how this was done!

Excellent job on this Capt. T!!!
Naticus
Been Here A While
Been Here A While

Postby darkpivot on Thu Aug 25, 2011 3:18 pm

What just happened to all the posts on this thread? It was on page 2 and now they're gone.
darkpivot
Pheropod
Pheropod

Postby joe_rogers_11155 on Thu Aug 25, 2011 3:54 pm

wtf, CLONED THREAD!?!?!?!?!?
"Day breaks, but decay soon follows." - Ava Winona
Currently developing in radio silence... 99 Bolts
Here's another project of mine... Assault on Overwatch
Are you new to Source SDK? VDC
joe_rogers_11155
Veteran
Veteran

Postby MenschFeind on Thu Aug 25, 2011 6:09 pm

You're thinking of the thread in the Under Construction forum. The first post on page 2 is the same as the OP of this thread.
viewtopic.php?f=4&t=34575
MenschFeind

Postby Captain Terror on Fri Aug 26, 2011 2:06 am

The under construction thread was first, and when the demo was complete i released it in the showcase thread (here). It was a mistake to post the OP of this thread in the thread of the the under construction forum, Sorry! (post editied)

naticus: Thank You for the coments! =)
Captain Terror
Regular
Regular

Postby trcc on Fri Aug 26, 2011 4:11 am

Some fog would be nice! Color correction too!
trcc
Pheropod
Pheropod

Postby Captain Terror on Fri Aug 26, 2011 4:26 am

Absolutely! Archie just posted a colour correction tutorial on TWHL I'm planning to go through. =)
Captain Terror
Regular
Regular

Postby joe_rogers_11155 on Fri Aug 26, 2011 2:21 pm

ok its time to go buy the game so you have better reference materials LOL
joe_rogers_11155
Veteran
Veteran

Postby Captain Terror on Fri Aug 26, 2011 3:17 pm

yeah i agree, if i actually played the game i would be familiar with A TON more intricate decals than i do, and it really shows in my map.

That said, i accomplished what i set out to do for this map, and it was a TREMENDOUS personal learning introduction for the source engine.

If i ever update this, the yellow and green houses will be rebuilt top to bottom, and all the prop models will be redone by me, as well obviously new materials, and at least 150 other things =)
Captain Terror
Regular
Regular

Postby joe_rogers_11155 on Fri Aug 26, 2011 8:58 pm

do this from scratch a year from now and you will notice all kinds of things that you can do better/smarter/wiser

i do that all the time lol. "oh i could have just [insert easier method here] the whole time????"
joe_rogers_11155
Veteran
Veteran

Postby Ark11 on Sat Aug 27, 2011 1:28 am

The map itself is very nice. However I don't think you should have added all the 'fake' killstreak rewards, it makes the game seem less like CS and more like COD which is where it should have stayed if you wanted it to have the killstreak rewards.

Another issue is that the 'dummys' don't have a set animation and change animation when you damage them, I don't know if this is intentinal or not but it just seems wierd.
"Drop kick me Jesus, through the goalposts of life." - Robert Bare
Ark11

Return to Showcase