Jailbreak Source Blog Tutorials

Got problems with your models? Struggling with textures? Get help with your custom assets.

Jailbreak Source Blog Tutorials

Postby EArkham on Mon Sep 05, 2011 10:51 pm

The Jailbreak source blog had some pretty useful XSI tutorials. Unfortunately the site appears to be gone now; looks like some sort of google placeholder there now.

Did anyone happen to Scrapbook or otherwise save the tutorials? Would have really liked to keep this resource handy.

Here's a list, but alas no mirrors of the tutorials: http://www.jailbreaksource.net/forums/v ... =32&t=4112
EArkham
Regular
Regular

Re: Jailbreak Source Blog Tutorials

Postby Gary on Tue Sep 06, 2011 12:15 am

WayBackMachine? Or maybe Google has an older cached version of the site.
Have a question related to modding or something I posted? Something that needs staff attention? I haven't been active lately, but feel free to PM me or message me on Steam(link below)

Gary
Interlopers Staff
Interlopers Staff

Postby Stormy on Thu Sep 08, 2011 6:07 pm

waaybackmachine has one, from may. But wouldn't you be better off asking in their forums? Or getting in touch with one of the dev members? Surely you could find them on steam... And if you happen to find a still formatted copy, link it here would ya? I'd like to have some of those tuts for reference too.
Stormy
May Contain Skills
May Contain Skills

Postby IZaNaGI on Thu Sep 08, 2011 6:59 pm

The site has since resurfaced at jailbreaksource.net, but it doesn't seem that Wills brought over the blog at the same time, and he's really difficult to get in touch with.

I'll try to get in touch with him on your behalf (you're not the first person to bring this up), but I can't really promise anything will change.
IZaNaGI
Been Here A While
Been Here A While

Postby EArkham on Sun Sep 11, 2011 9:24 pm

I tried contacting... someone, not sure if it was Wills or another person, but never heard back. Possibly the wrong person. Never bothered with their forums because a) they look pretty dead and b) I, uh, never actually played the mod to begin with, heh. :-D

Google cache had nothing for me (redirected to the empty domain), and waybackmachine had only text versions (no images).

Snooped around and found the weapon modeling tutorial (4 parts) on my hard drive. I can zip those up, but I'm hesitant to redistribute without word from the Jailbreak folks.

Thanks for the replies. :)
EArkham
Regular
Regular

Postby IZaNaGI on Sun Sep 11, 2011 9:50 pm

EArkham wrote:I can zip those up, but I'm hesitant to redistribute without word from the Jailbreak folks.

Well ... erm, there were only four Jailbreak folks, and I was one of them. We actually ran a full sharing policy (in regards to modding content) so as long as the tutorials are credited then I see no problem in sharing them.
IZaNaGI
Been Here A While
Been Here A While

Postby EArkham on Mon Sep 12, 2011 2:07 pm

IZaNaGI wrote:
EArkham wrote:I can zip those up, but I'm hesitant to redistribute without word from the Jailbreak folks.

Well ... erm, there were only four Jailbreak folks, and I was one of them. We actually ran a full sharing policy (in regards to modding content) so as long as the tutorials are credited then I see no problem in sharing them.

I didn't realize you were part of the team. Alright, here they are (I only had the first 4): http://dl.dropbox.com/u/764491/modeling ... t01-04.zip

Proper credits are included in a readme. Also a contact email for me, so if Wills or someone else on the team has an issue with redistribution, they can send me a note for removal of the zip. :)
EArkham
Regular
Regular

Return to Custom Asset Help