[L4D2] Mansion Survival

Show off your finished maps, models and other creations. Screen shots are a must!

[L4D2] Mansion Survival

Postby Teh Frog on Fri Sep 16, 2011 8:15 pm

Hello there everyone. After a long period of deliberation I have decided to release an unfinished Survival map due to loss of the original files and inability to decompile L4D2 add ons. My hard drive crashed a month ago, causing me to lose most of my mods. I was able to salvage some from friends I had sent betas to. This is a L4D2 survival map I was working on. It's fully functional and fully playable yet there are some obvious glitches, listed below, in the map that now can't be worked out due to loss of the .vmf's. Please let me know what you think. The map is very detailed and took nearly a month to complete. It's fairly difficult and recommended not to be played alone. Easy to get separated and destroyed. No beta team I know of has been able to make it to the six minute mark. This may be played by up to 4 people on a "Local Server" under the Survival game settings.
PLEASE LEAVE A COMMENT TELLING ME WHAT YOU LIKE/DISLIKED ABOUT THE MAP! I AM VERY OPEN TO ALL CONSTRUCTIVE CRITICISM! YOU MAY ALSO TELL ME WHAT A SEXY BEAST THE MAP IS! :p
This was my first ever attempt at any L4D type map ever.

SCREENSHOTS:
OUT FRONT:
OUTSIDE CLOSER:
MAIN ENTRANCE:
LIVING ROOM/SUPPLIES:
FIREPLACE:
KITCHEN:
OUTBACK/POOL/SHACK:
GARAGE INSIDE:
GARAGE ROOF:

KNOWN GLITCHES:
>Back Door To House: The top of the door frame is missing.
>Bots will sometimes not pick up weapons.

>No zombies spawn out front, rendering the chain gun useless.

>There are some known safe spots that prevent special infected from spawning. I'll let you find those on your own. It's fun for camping and playing a kind of "no special" survival.

>Some texture glitches in outskirts of map. (Only seen from on top of garage.)

>Loading image is glitchy and almost never shows or is discolored.

DOWNLOAD:
http://www.mediafire.com/?vjcrrlwkustu484
Last edited by Teh Frog on Thu Jun 14, 2012 2:29 am, edited 3 times in total.
Contrary to popular belief, I am not actually a frog.
Teh Frog
Regular
Regular

Re: [L4D2] Mansion Survival

Postby source-maps on Fri Sep 16, 2011 11:18 pm

look pretty cool, but is it me or does the env lighting look a little too dark for the skybox
I mean, it looks fitting in screenshots without the sun showing, but in the first pic for example.. it looks too bright for a sun at that height
source-maps
Forum Goer Elite™
Forum Goer Elite™

Re: [L4D2] Mansion Survival

Postby Teh Frog on Sat Sep 17, 2011 3:13 am

source-maps wrote:look pretty cool, but is it me or does the env lighting look a little too dark for the skybox
I mean, it looks fitting in screenshots without the sun showing, but in the first pic for example.. it looks too bright for a sun at that height

I hid the sun behind the clouds to make it look more like a moon and never changed it's color to look like the moon. This map was still in beta but I lost the files so I released what I had which is very functional. But thanks anyway! I'll know better to actually tweak it to look like a moon from now on! :)
Contrary to popular belief, I am not actually a frog.
Teh Frog
Regular
Regular

Return to Showcase