Any Tutorial requests?

Got problems with your models? Struggling with textures? Get help with your custom assets.

Any Tutorial requests?

Postby Farles on Mon Jul 25, 2005 3:47 am

Just a few words to ask if anyone as a special modelling tutorial request you want me to make.

Compiling?
Modelling?
Exporting?
Texturing?
Advanced features?

Anyway, if you want to know something more about modelling for HL2, simply ask. :)
Farles
Been Here A While
Been Here A While

Postby wiggle987 on Mon Jul 25, 2005 3:48 am

Texturing first
Exporting second
Compiling third

the you'd be my man God.
wiggle987
Veteran
Veteran

Postby Athlete{UK} on Mon Jul 25, 2005 7:36 am

I'm already working on a modelling tutorial and a UVW mapping/texturing tut.

Although to be honest having a look at your portfolio i might leave the textuing tut to you. I'm quite good but you seem to be better suited for writing a tut.
Last edited by Athlete{UK} on Mon Jul 25, 2005 8:45 am, edited 1 time in total.
Athlete{UK}
Veteran
Veteran

Postby Sheep on Mon Jul 25, 2005 8:36 am

one on lights. im having trouble with lights they dont shine anywere in game or only light up one entity. wich lights should i be using and all the rest of it would be helpfull :)
Sheep

Postby Athlete{UK} on Mon Jul 25, 2005 8:47 am

Sheep wrote:one on lights. im having trouble with lights they dont shine anywere in game or only light up one entity

You don't make lights in the modelling app. You apply them in hammer. You can use self illuminating textures though.
Athlete{UK}
Veteran
Veteran

Postby ZybeR | NoT on Mon Jul 25, 2005 10:04 am

i was thinking. in XSI there is something called texture editor and its hard to skin with.. so i though if you just make everything obejts (like arms legs etc.) is a objets for its self. and then you just applay a mertial and a texture to each object (also its eayser to work with a smaller room then a bigger). when you finnish export as smd or what els 3dsm can import as. then you make big box.. and exlute the think so its gonna be one object and you got one object as valve and now also one texture :D

can this happend?

greets ZybeR
ZybeR | NoT
Regular
Regular

Return to Custom Asset Help