Mod In Need Of A Prop Modeler

Got problems with your models? Struggling with textures? Get help with your custom assets.

Mod In Need Of A Prop Modeler

Postby Puppet_That_Kills on Sat Jul 30, 2005 2:36 am

My mod, Death To The Combine, is in need of a prop modeler. If you’re looking for challenging work that’ll keep you busy constantly, here is the place to look. We have a TON of models to be made. You’ll either be modeling of concept art or photos of actual objects. On our team you’ll be treated with respect and will always be listened to. The ability to skin and/or apply physics to your models is also a plus, maybe a requirement.
MOD Website: http://deathtothecombine.shiftsgames.net/
MODDB Profile: http://mods.moddb.com/5266/
Description:
Story:

I wake up to another beautiful morning in City 15. I reach over for my wife and remember she’s not there. My wife has been gone for weeks now, taken by the Combine for a crime she didn’t commit. I miss her, so damn much. I can’t take it any more. Today is the day I’m going to get her back, no mater what it takes. And I’ll KILL anyone who gets in the way!

About:

*Fight your way through the detailed streets of City 15. High quality mapping will leave you with many ways to defeat your foes. From crowed city streets to cramped alleyways, apartments to jail cells, you will be blown by with the amount of detail in DTTC’s maps.

*New weapons. You heard me. You won’t be using the sissy weapons of Half Life 2. Death To The Combine will feature new powerful, kickass weapons that will blow your mind. Well actually, you will blow the Combine’s minds, blasting their brains out!

*Talented voice acting. Your character will have his own voice, giving you audio queues and alerts. There will be new voices for the citizens as well. And most important: Your wife.

*Cut scenes. It’s like an out of body experience man! See large scale scripted sequences from a third person perspective.

*Clip system. You no longer load to the exact bullet. With a certain number of ammo clips for every weapon, you’d better make every shot count and let no bullet go unused!

*Difficulty. This game isn’t for babies. Even in easy mode you’ll get your ass kicked!

So get ready for a jaw dropping, asskicking good time in Death To The Combine.

Puppet
Last edited by Puppet_That_Kills on Sat Jul 30, 2005 4:01 am, edited 2 times in total.
Puppet_That_Kills
Pheropod
Pheropod

Postby YokaI on Sat Jul 30, 2005 2:43 am

This should go into the mod section

and also, explain wth this map is about before recruiting people or no1 will want to join.
YokaI
Forum Goer Elite™
Forum Goer Elite™

Postby Puppet_That_Kills on Sat Jul 30, 2005 3:58 am

Ok, I've added a description of the MOD itself.

Puppet
Puppet_That_Kills
Pheropod
Pheropod

Postby SixThree on Sat Jul 30, 2005 3:59 am

Never say you're desperate.

Get someone to redo the story plz.
SpaceJesus wrote:Not to sound harsh, but cl_commonsense 1 please folks
SixThree
1337 p0st3r
1337 p0st3r

Postby Spas12 on Sat Jul 30, 2005 4:05 am

I would love to help, if I had a god damn modeling program.
Past Treyarch Level Designer

Portfolio
Spas12
Veteran
Veteran

Postby mike-o on Sat Jul 30, 2005 1:23 pm

Spas12 wrote:I would love to help, if I had a god damn modeling program.

trust me, modeling isn't anything like using hammer.
mike-o
Sir Post-a-lot
Sir Post-a-lot

Postby YokaI on Sun Jul 31, 2005 4:15 am

mike-o wrote:

Few basic tutorials can get you set, I had someone who is making models for my map who hasent modeled much and he did do quite a good job. you just need to figure out the basics. (for smaller objects, that is)
YokaI
Forum Goer Elite™
Forum Goer Elite™

Postby Spas12 on Sun Jul 31, 2005 4:30 am

YokaI wrote:
mike-o wrote:

Few basic tutorials can get you set, I had someone who is making models for my map who hasent modeled much and he did do quite a good job. you just need to figure out the basics. (for smaller objects, that is)

It's not anythign about modeling, it's jsut I need a free program to use to model.
Past Treyarch Level Designer

Portfolio
Spas12
Veteran
Veteran

Postby Puppet_That_Kills on Sun Jul 31, 2005 4:33 am

Spas12 wrote:
YokaI wrote:
mike-o wrote:

It's not anythign about modeling, it's jsut I need a free program to use to model.

Gmax http://www.turbosquid.com/gmax

Puppet
Puppet_That_Kills
Pheropod
Pheropod

Postby YokaI on Sun Jul 31, 2005 6:11 am

Spas12 wrote:
YokaI wrote:
mike-o wrote:

XSI (Link located in source SDK)
YokaI
Forum Goer Elite™
Forum Goer Elite™

Postby Murkrow on Sun Jul 31, 2005 7:36 am

Oh god. Not another "They killed(or whatever) my wife, i want revenge". I think.
Jest@ wrote:Sure, not everything looks like it was built by God, optimised by Jesus and playtested by the holy spirit, ...
Murkrow
1337 p0st3r
1337 p0st3r

Postby YokaI on Sun Jul 31, 2005 11:34 am

Saying you will have very detailed mapping isnt exactly something you would want to add, Makes it sound cheesy and almost like the comercials that Xbox plays for every game they release! :lol:

Great amazing detail, that will blow your fucking mind!!!!!!!
YokaI
Forum Goer Elite™
Forum Goer Elite™

Return to Custom Asset Help