Character Modeler(s) needed for new HL2 Mod

Got problems with your models? Struggling with textures? Get help with your custom assets.

Character Modeler(s) needed for new HL2 Mod

Postby El on Wed Aug 03, 2005 7:48 am

Hi, I am a level designer for an up and coming HL2 zombie mod.

The basic idea behind the mod that will hopefully set it apart from other zombie mods out there is this: Truely open ended co-op multiplayer gaming, where depending on the decisions you make may well tip the ballance between survival, or death.

Taking the traditional approach to the zombie genre by pretty much taking the bulk of inspiration from "The Night of the Living Dead" (no Super Zombies, or any Resident Evil type stuff here) Your goal is one thing and one thing only: Survive as long as you can, hopefully to see the next sunrise. But if you or one of you fellow surviviors gets bitten, thats it.

This mod is still in the early planing stages, but one thing is blindingly clear... We need Modelers/Skinners!

If anyone is interested, please contact either myself at e.krebes@mchsi.com or our project leader, Cookie, at the_satanic_cookie@yahoo.com

Please include examples of your modeling work, and if you have worked on any mods before show us your stuff from there as well! :)

If you join our Dev. team you will be working on mostly chrarcter/player models, and you must be willing to make rather graphic/gory models (roting corpses after all), as well as multiple versions of the same model if neccissary.

El-
El
Just Joined
Just Joined

Postby otihome2469 on Wed Aug 03, 2005 8:15 am

ok i wont say a word cus ur new here, but over 10 zombie mods have already been anounced already why cant people be more creative :roll: , anyways modelers and skinner are rare most people here only have great talent in mapping. modeling is different. only person that i know for sure whos succesfully uploaded a model into the game is Athlete, but hes too busy with stuff so dont even try it.
otihome2469
Sir Post-a-lot
Sir Post-a-lot

Postby Generalvivi on Wed Aug 03, 2005 8:33 am

i map and model and do my own textures!

but sadly................ i already work for a zombie mod :P.

NO MORE ROOM IN HELL ALL THE WAY BITCHES
Generalvivi
Irrational Games

Postby otihome2469 on Wed Aug 03, 2005 9:21 am

heh nice models no more room in hell looks nice nice.
otihome2469
Sir Post-a-lot
Sir Post-a-lot

Postby Generalvivi on Thu Aug 04, 2005 8:46 am

thanks man :P don't forget to visit no more room in hell.
Generalvivi
Irrational Games

Postby ZenMunky on Thu Aug 04, 2005 9:23 am

WARNING :- SHAMELESS PLUG DETECTED :- PLEASE EVACUATE IN A CALM AND ORDERLY MANNER
ZenMunky
Pheropod
Pheropod

Location: Running From The Unicycling Giant Screaming Purple Bunnies of Doom...

Postby ColinDoody on Thu Aug 04, 2005 11:02 am

mm zombie mods avoid! I just dont think the general community is ready for another one.

When my team sat down to discuss our mod not long ago , we decided that we wanted to do a survival horror because dark is something that we can work with and I personally believe Source is highly capable of. And immediately zombie came to mind.

But use your will power! Try to think of alternatives! We had to get off the idea of zombie and move on to think of other things , like say , a supernatural foe? A beastly foe? Anything other than zombies really . or put a spin on zombies and just make them something else OTHER than zombies . Some creativity would go far here .
Vicious Specs: eVGA geForce 6800GT 2.8ghz p4, 1gb ddr, 22" NEC, Audigy 2 Plat, 860GB
ColinDoody
Regular
Regular

Postby ZenMunky on Thu Aug 04, 2005 11:09 am

A recurring argument.

Werewolves
Vampires
Ghosts
MothMan
Poltergeist
BoogeyMan
Witch
Warlock
Minotaur
Chucucabra (spelling?)

Theres more than the shambling undead...
ZenMunky
Pheropod
Pheropod

Location: Running From The Unicycling Giant Screaming Purple Bunnies of Doom...

Postby cfreak on Sat Aug 06, 2005 3:59 am

A zerglin rush. The deadliest thing since the awp.
cfreak
1337 p0st3r
1337 p0st3r

Postby Avtraz on Sat Aug 06, 2005 5:30 am

ZenMunky wrote:Chucucabra

Chippu-thingy!
Avtraz
Been Here A While
Been Here A While

Return to Custom Asset Help