Source SDK 2013 Released

Comment on the news articles here.

Re: Source SDK 2013 Released

Postby Gary on Fri Jun 28, 2013 5:52 pm

Little thing I tossed together(sorry for the lack of some games, either they're not updated yet or I don't own them :/ )
Have a question related to modding or something I posted? Something that needs staff attention? I haven't been active lately, but feel free to PM me or message me on Steam(link below)

Gary
Interlopers Staff
Interlopers Staff

Postby MaK on Fri Jun 28, 2013 6:41 pm

The raytraced preview actually works for me now, with like 0 load time (granted its very low res and not totally perfect). Idk if this has been fixed for a while or they finally "fixed" it.
MaK

Postby Epifire on Fri Jun 28, 2013 6:52 pm

It works? Damn, I gotta see this cause for as long as I've used the SDK it never worked for me.
Epifire

Postby BiznessMan on Fri Jun 28, 2013 8:04 pm

Gary wrote:Little thing I tossed together(sorry for the lack of some games, either they're not updated yet or I don't own them :/ )

Does this mean that new features such as the CS:GO lighting system will be available to us in the SDK?
BiznessMan

Postby Gary on Fri Jun 28, 2013 9:06 pm

Most likely not.
Have a question related to modding or something I posted? Something that needs staff attention? I haven't been active lately, but feel free to PM me or message me on Steam(link below)

Gary
Interlopers Staff
Interlopers Staff

Postby NooBster on Fri Jun 28, 2013 9:49 pm

Does this mean that new features such as the CS:GO lighting system will be available to us in the SDK?

Nope. Source using build numeration according to Carmack.
It means Build Number = Number of days from start of code development.

It also means that the dll's was compiled little bit earlier then current version of CS:GO.
I think they took old 2009 Source and compiled it for SDK Base with adding some SteamPipe features.

Fix me if I wrong.
NooBster
Dumpling
Dumpling

Postby Dman757 on Fri Jun 28, 2013 10:49 pm

So to update on the shader deal I just got an email back.

"We will be adding the required pieces of materialsystem code next week, they just got missed in this first update."
Dman757
Dumpling
Dumpling

Postby Botolf on Fri Jun 28, 2013 11:51 pm

Excellent to hear.
Botolf
Regular
Regular

Postby Epifire on Sat Jun 29, 2013 12:26 am

If I'm correct I think that Hidden Path added in the ligthing system CS:GO uses, or applied their system on top of what Source had to offer. I could be wrong but that could be the reason Valve wasn't happily giving us the systems featured in it.
Epifire

Postby Armageddon on Sat Jun 29, 2013 12:29 am

Dman757 wrote:So to update on the shader deal I just got an email back.

"We will be adding the required pieces of materialsystem code next week, they just got missed in this first update."

Who did you e-mail?
Armageddon
Forum Goer Elite™
Forum Goer Elite™

Postby Dman757 on Sat Jun 29, 2013 1:52 am

Armageddon wrote:Who did you e-mail?

Can't give names sorry.
Dman757
Dumpling
Dumpling

Postby Ackart on Sat Jun 29, 2013 5:34 am

I wasn't able to get around to adding fastpath into the codebase last night; fixing player model prediction took up most of my time. Re-adding it is trivial; it's almost straight copy-paste from 2007 - I'm just absolutely perplexed at why it was removed in the first place. Feel free to hit me up in PMs or on Steam if you want the prediction code.
Ackart

Postby Botolf on Sat Jun 29, 2013 7:27 am

ErikKiller wrote:So, let's play a fun game of "How fucked is your Hammer?"!
3D textured looks a bit dodgy for me, some transparent models losing the transparency and gaining a dark grey/black box. Models in the 2D views have purple-black textures. Alpha on my displacements is inverted in Hammer but correct in the game, makes texturing a pain.
Luckily my Hammer still works although it's super annoying.

Camera is unusable for me right now, which means Hammer is as good as unusable for me right now. None of the given .bat files work (same X "was unexpected at this time" error as Ackart), so I guess I'm stuck trying to coax the SDK into life again so I can at least block out some maps until this stuff works.
Botolf
Regular
Regular

Postby Armageddon on Sat Jun 29, 2013 7:39 am

My Hammer won't even start. And when trying to convert the HL games to the new format it crashes Steam.
Armageddon
Forum Goer Elite™
Forum Goer Elite™

Postby ScarT on Sat Jun 29, 2013 11:14 am

NooBster wrote:

Nope. Source using build numeration according to Carmack.
It means Build Number = Number of days from start of code development.

It also means that the dll's was compiled little bit earlier then current version of CS:GO.
I think they took old 2009 Source and compiled it for SDK Base with adding some SteamPipe features.

Fix me if I wrong.

This is correct.

Ackart wrote:I wasn't able to get around to adding fastpath into the codebase last night; fixing player model prediction took up most of my time. Re-adding it is trivial; it's almost straight copy-paste from 2007 - I'm just absolutely perplexed at why it was removed in the first place. Feel free to hit me up in PMs or on Steam if you want the prediction code.

Can't you submit it as a contribution to the git repository?
ScarT

PreviousNext

Return to Site News