Player model

Got problems with your models? Struggling with textures? Get help with your custom assets.

Player model

Postby Skurmedel on Tue Aug 09, 2005 9:02 pm

I didnt really know where to ask, so i ask the question here and let the mods' move it afterwards sry :wink:

I have decided to create a small singleplayer mod, mostly for my littlebrother, and well others too if it is more fun than Trivia Pursuit with your senile granny. The problem is that i wan't a model for "Gordon", meaning my main character. I know that in general HL2, which is what my mod is based on, there is no Gordon model. Is there anyway i can attach a model to the player, so that my model, shows up in cameras and windows and stuff?

Is it possible via code? I am proficient in Java, but i should be able to understand some C++. otherwise i can get help from home.
Skurmedel
Regular
Regular

Postby wiggle987 on Tue Aug 09, 2005 9:49 pm

Well It might be possible to code it in, look out for a modeller by the name of Talon, he works on Hull-Breach and he's been working on a very high quality Gordon model, check out the project hull breach site ( I forget the url, google it and with any luck you'll get something). No guaruntees that he'll let you use it, but it's worth a shot.
wiggle987
Veteran
Veteran

Postby slayera on Tue Aug 09, 2005 10:27 pm

http://www.swissquake.ch/chumbalum-soft ... rials.html

Here are some tuts from the milkshape site. May not be what you need exactly but should help.

Read the tuts by RAT, he covers making a new knife for CS player models.

"When one person suffers from a delusion it is called insanity. When many people suffer from a delusion it is called religion." -Robert Pirsig
slayera
Veteran
Veteran

Postby Skurmedel on Wed Aug 10, 2005 7:17 am

No, not exactly what i was looking for. But thanks anyway.

I will cry if i cant make those nice looking coreographed scenes with 3rdperson cameras and stuff.
Skurmedel
Regular
Regular

Postby Chaffing_Weasel on Thu Aug 11, 2005 6:17 pm

I have this same problem too, i want the player to be a fully 3d character. I want to be able to use a 3rd person camera when you enter vehicles (halo style)...Just don't know how to do it. :(
Do the most loving thing-Cannabis!

http://www.myspace.com/klompen_dog
Chaffing_Weasel
Regular
Regular

Hmm, yees.

Postby Skurmedel on Thu Aug 11, 2005 6:35 pm

I have been scouting the source(the code :)) and I can definately say it is possible, just assigning an model to the player should be pretty easy (but as i said, I'm no C++ guru). I'll check further into it.
Skurmedel
Regular
Regular

Postby Jest@ on Sun Aug 14, 2005 4:23 pm

it doesnt need coding for the 3rd person camera. There's a console command for it
cant remember what it is, but google if your friend.

As for the model, it shouldn't be hard to attach a player model....i'll look into it (it's something relatively simple, just so rarely used ppl dont really write about it much)
Highlight to read:
It was earth all along
Jest@
Veteran
Veteran

Return to Custom Asset Help