3dFoin models

Interlopers Portfolio section.

Portfolio rating

2.92 out of 5 (12 ratings)

You must be registered and logged in to rate a portfolio!

Re: 3dFoin models

Postby MrTwoVideoCards on Thu Feb 06, 2014 10:17 pm

pls leave.
MrTwoVideoCards
Monothetic

Postby stoopdapoop on Fri Feb 07, 2014 12:27 am

actually, that wyvern is really slick.

nice work.
stoopdapoop
Veteran
Veteran

Postby Gary on Fri Feb 07, 2014 4:24 pm

MrTwoVideoCards wrote:pls leave.

I'm not a fan of his choice in style either but that's rude. If you don't like his models then you don't have to visit this particular thread.
Have a question related to modding or something I posted? Something that needs staff attention? I haven't been active lately, but feel free to PM me or message me on Steam(link below)

Gary
Interlopers Staff
Interlopers Staff

Postby 3dFoin on Tue Mar 11, 2014 9:12 am

Thank you Stoodapoop :D we're glad you like it
Gary you are so nice :D
Mr2VideoCards you're so mean :D

We have another model Yayyyyy, it's the chick:

:p
3dFoin

Postby LordDz on Tue Mar 11, 2014 1:14 pm

The legendary fighter, the saviour of the worlds, the defender of mankind, she's called..
The Chick.
LordDz
May Contain Skills
May Contain Skills

Postby MrTwoVideoCards on Tue Mar 11, 2014 6:41 pm

are you making these models to sell or?
MrTwoVideoCards
Monothetic

Postby Hollow on Tue Mar 11, 2014 7:19 pm

3dFoin wrote:We have another model Yayyyyy, it's the chick:

"We have another under-dressed, ridiculously large-chested woman for all you thirsty internet people, yayyy".
Hollow
Ubisoft/Monothetic

Postby Gambini on Tue Mar 11, 2014 9:54 pm

I don´t see what´s wrong with it. Women are the most difficult thing to get right when doing -any- artistic representation. The line between the uncanny valley and "hotness" is very thin. This model has Lara Croft-like proportions but you´ve got to admit is very good and very well animated too.
Gambini
Sir Post-a-lot
Sir Post-a-lot

Postby Dr. Delta on Tue Mar 11, 2014 11:12 pm

Gambini wrote:I don´t see what´s wrong with it. Women are the most difficult thing to get right when doing -any- artistic representation. The line between the uncanny valley and "hotness" is very thin. This model has Lara Croft-like proportions but you´ve got to admit is very good and very well animated too.

The line between uncanny valley and "hotness" is irrelevant, what Hollow (I believe) tries to express is that it's not 'good' to only display women as unrealistically large-breasted, barely dressed. Just like it wouldn't be a good thing to display British people only drinking tea, or Dutch surrounded by tulips eating cheese.
Dr. Delta
Veteran
Veteran

Postby Gambini on Tue Mar 11, 2014 11:29 pm

But how all this is relevant to this guy´s work? Is it wrong if he likes to model big tits girls? I believe it takes a lot more than just modeling and then wanking lol to do those things. It´s the bully attitude that bothers me. I saw recent AAA games which characters didn´t have half the grace these models have, namely some secondary NPCs of Deus ex HR (just to give you an example).
Gambini
Sir Post-a-lot
Sir Post-a-lot

Postby MrTwoVideoCards on Wed Mar 12, 2014 3:32 am

I don´t see what´s wrong with it. Women are the most difficult thing to get right when doing -any- artistic representation.

You're a dingus if you think it's super difficult not to enlarge a pair of breasts in a modeling program. You make it sound like the computer just naturally renders them that way or something.

It's just such a waste of time to model big breasted girls like that. I mean, there's some guys that model big breasted females over at polycount, but their overall sculpts come out really nice and detailed.

Also grace? wat? Are you saying this big brasted chick has grace?
MrTwoVideoCards
Monothetic

Postby [KIRBY] on Wed Mar 12, 2014 6:09 am

I have seriously no idea why some people get frustrated over few well made models
[KIRBY]
Regular
Regular

Postby Hollow on Wed Mar 12, 2014 11:06 am

[KIRBY] wrote:I have seriously no idea why some people get frustrated over few well made models

Great rebuttal there bro. Very enlightening.

Gambini wrote:I don´t see what´s wrong with it. Women are the most difficult thing to get right when doing -any- artistic representation. The line between the uncanny valley and "hotness" is very thin. This model has Lara Croft-like proportions but you´ve got to admit is very good and very well animated too.

Such an unusual response. These models do not even remotely approach an 'uncanny valley' level of realism. It's not even grounded beauty, it''s just default Japanese-styled female character looks. No imperfections or interesting details, just boring run of the mill nonsense. Any character artist can make this schlock, it takes real talent & artistic taste to create actual unique models and 'beauty', if you want to stick to that theme.

It was the artist's choice to look at the model and say 'hey, yeah I'm just going to enlarge her tits, because reasons'. It's just tacky and perpetuates the notion that this is how every fucking female character is supposed to look. It's dumb and takes no effort.

Also, these are good relative to what? Most character models seen in the Source community? I guess? But compared to any professional industry artist? Ehhhh no, this is not even comparable. Hop over to Polycount and see some good shit.

Gambini wrote:But how all this is relevant to this guy´s work? Is it wrong if he likes to model big tits girls? I believe it takes a lot more than just modeling and then wanking lol to do those things. It´s the bully attitude that bothers me. I saw recent AAA games which characters didn´t have half the grace these models have, namely some secondary NPCs of Deus ex HR (just to give you an example).

What? Who? What? Wow. Grace? Really? I can't even. I'm not even going to go into the many reasons why this is bad & how it bleeds into many of the other issues that exist in the industry regarding woman, their role & representation. if you can't see the problem now, you're never going to understand it.
Hollow
Ubisoft/Monothetic

Postby MrBlackspoon on Wed Mar 12, 2014 12:41 pm

Feminism is strong in this thread.
MrBlackspoon
Been Here A While
Been Here A While

Postby [KIRBY] on Wed Mar 12, 2014 12:43 pm

I don't mean to be rude, but you are spilling your anger here and go on with a big rant on something that starts going off-topic.
some people just like to make aesthetically pleasing models, and since he is hobbyist/indie, model like this is absolutely fine.
this rant of yours makes you sound like you belong to Tumblr instead of Interlopers
[KIRBY]
Regular
Regular

PreviousNext

Return to Portfolios